tagging along

History class

I'm trying to focus, yet there's someone nudging me...

"Floyd, what?" I turn sharply.

"Look, look." He says excitedly, pointing to his notebook.

"There's you, and me.~~" He grins, showing off his drawing of me.... as a goldfish and him as an eel...

Letting out a sigh, I turn back to the lesson. Mumbling a "good job." Just loud enough so he can hear...

Potionology class

"Why do we need to use these?" Floyd asks in utter disgust at the ingredient.

"Because the potion calls for it, and last I checked, you weren't actually in this class." I reply.

"And Floyd mushrooms are amazing, did you know the-" Jade began but was abruptly stopped by Floyd's hands.

"I don't wanna know!" Floyd pouts.

"Mmm, alright, I'll save it for Yuu since they actually care about my shrooms." Jade continues to help with the assignment.

Lunch

Making my way to the cafeteria, I can't help but notice the shadow I've gained. Ignoring him, I get my food and sit with Trey and the others, and of course, Floyd sits down next to me.... great, just great.

"Hey Floyd!" Ace calls as he takes his seat.

"Hiii Crabby!" He grins.

I ate pretty much in silence as Floyd chatted about basketball with Ace, and the other ones chatted amongst themselves.

Finishing early, I got up and went for a walk... still plenty time before our next class...

"Riddle!"

I stopped to see Trey running after me.

"Hey Trey, was there something you needed?"

"No, but..." He walks closer to make sure others won't overhear.

"Is everything okay?" He asked, concerned.

"Yeah, why do you ask?"

"Floyd hasn't been harassing you as he? Or been blackmailing you or anything?"

"No, I guess it could come off that way.." He's been nonstop tailing me for a week now, I'm not surprised it could lead to misunderstandings. I'm also just not sure how to clear it up and make it make sense...

"It's just Floyd being Floyd. Honestly, I ignore him half the time, so it's fine."
I finish with a shrug.

"Alright, but if it is more serious, tell me."

"Will do, but I'm just saying you've also got a shadow of your own now."
With a slight grin, we wave goodbyes and head off to class.

*bell rings*

As class lets out, I head to the library to finish some tasks and study. To no surprise, Floyd follows me.

Finishing tasks with a constant close gaze makes things a little more difficult. Whatever... it's my own fault for not being careful enough.

Getting up, I head over to the entrance. Once we're in, I lay on the couch finally done.

"Floyd." I call exhausted.

"Yes, Goldfish?"

"Can you not be so clingy?"

"Mmm, but I haven't been squeezing you all day."

Seriously... there's other ways of being clingy besides physically being clingy.

"Look, people are starting to think some things up, and it's not looking bad on me but on you. So maybe put a little distance." I explain.

"Mmm, what'd ya mean?" He asks. As he goes to sit on the edge of the couch beside me.

"Someone asked me if you were harassing or blackmailing me, and that was only one person there could be a lot of others making random rumors or accusations about you or us, okay?" It's not like we're nobody's in this school, so of course there'd be talk about us regardless... but this doesn't sit right.

"Awwww, is the goldfishieee showing that he cares??~~" He asks as he begins to play with my hair.

Stupid eel! I flip on my side facing the couch, ignoring what he said as he continues to comb through my hair.

"Mmm, fine, I'll give you more space..
In public, as long as I can make up for it by being clingy when no one is around... deal?" He proposes, his voice is oddly soothing.

"Fine, but if I say no, it's no." I feel like I'm gonna fall asleep.

"Alright."

(Bonus)

Later

Riddle slowly started waking up..

"Floyd?? What time is it???....Floyd?"

Turning over, he was met with the face of a sleepy eel all curled up.

"Uh?!" Riddle became a goldfish all red.

*THUMP*

"ooowww! Goldfishhhh???~~" The boy rubs his head in confusion.

Checking the time, it's late !!

Oh no, gotta get back to the dorms!!!!

((:  

They both went back to their dorms... Riddle a flustered gay mess, and Floyd as a sulking gay.