chats behind closed doors

The remainder of the walk was silent and fast-paced. It wasn't awkward, though. It was quite nice. Riddle had to admit he liked this comfortable silence that was between them. Totally telling himself that it's cause he's finally getting quiet time... not for any other reason.

Entering the secret room together, Floyd settled into the couch while Riddle went over to grab a blood pouch from the fridge.

Riddle began sipping on his drink, quickly realizing the piercing mix matched eyes of intrigue glued to him.

"Floyd?" Riddle asked, raising a brow.

Which got a hummed response of acknowledgment.

"Is there something you'd like to say?" He asked.

"I'm curious about... you drinking blood can I ask about it?!"
Floyd asked with such curiosity. It was quite ... adorable ?
Riddle thought, letting out a sigh and making his way next to the eel on the couch.

"Since you already know I don't see the harm, ask away."

"Is that human blood?" Floyd asked bluntly.

"PF- P-PARDON ?!" Riddle choked, fixing his eyes to the younger boy while still catching his breath.

"Hey! Don't die!" Floyd raised his voice, both shocked and concerned. Floyd scooted over closer to rub Riddles back, who was still slightly coughing... after the coughing had ceased, Riddle continued with his answer.

"No, it's animal blood, I don't drink human blood."

"Mmm, why not?"

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah, I didn't think vampires really existed anymore... and I always heard of them killing, so I thought that ya were drinking human blood."
He explained, rubbing at his neck..
"I guess I was wrong, though.."

"That's a fair judgment seeing what you knew, but where would I even get all that human blood from without harming or taking away from others? Logically, it doesn't make sense." Riddle stated.

"Huh, I didn't think that far ahead..." Floyd starred blankly into the wall ahead.

Our little red head gave him a look that had "I'm not surprised." Written all over it.

"Anyway, we get animal blood pouches from a trusted farm that knows about us, I think we switched over many years ago when we went into hiding.." He explained further.

"Would you die without it?" Floyd asked in a serious tone.

"Not necessarily. I'm not a full blood thanks to my father, but I can get very sick without it. A few days to a week is fine without having some, though."

There was a quick moment of silence between them, Floyd sank into the couch more with more questions running around his head... he spoke again.

"Mmm, I wonder... have ya ever tasted any other blood?"

"Besides pig or cow, no, I don't think so..."

Floyd pulled his neck collar down,
"Wanna try a different kind ?" He asked, grinning.

Riddle froze for a moment, eyes going from the others eye to his neck... his face to ears became red when he finally snapped out of it.

"FLOYD NO !! ON SO MANY LEVELS NO !!"
Riddle scolded.

"Awww, why not?" his tone was sulking, but he grinned like a moron.

"Cause biting you would hurt. On top, it's dangerous, especially on the neck. What if I popped a blood vessel? How would we explain having you rushed to the hospital!?"

"I guess that makes sense... what about on the arm or shoulder ?" He continued his teasing.

"Why !?"
I knew he was weird, but is he a masochist too...

"I'm intrigued. Would it taste different? Is it better than animal blood?"

"I can taste the difference between cow and pig blood, so I'd imagine so, but still no !"

"Fiinnneeee, I'll drop it.... for now. Ya, almost done yer blood drink?" He sounded defeated.

"Yeah."

"Good, let's go if you're done."

"Oh, uh, okay."
He seems a little pouty. What is he a child? Well, he's cute, at least. . . Wait...
WHAT DID I JUST THINK !? HES... but he is... since when.. .

"Goldfish?" Floyd called, shaking one hand in front of Riddle.

Snapping out of his thought, Riddle came back to earth.

"Yes?"

"You zoned out just now. Are ya ready to go?"

"Ah! Yes, let's go."

Floyd went back to his joyful mood, skipping all the way to Heartslabyul.

Lil authors note :
I don't usually do this, but 696 words ! ... 69, nice... hehe, anyway, tho sorryy !! I was planning to have this out sooner, but life ended up coming in the way !!  Anywhoo, thanks for yalls patience ! ❤️
Happy pride month, peps !!
- ya boi Max 🌸