Chapter 11: The Ballroom

Zuko's POV
"The melodious sound of laughter was something I haven't experienced in a while, it sounded nice. If only things could always feel this nice.."

"The last time, I felt this happy was when Uncle picked me up when I was little or when I fed the turtleducks with..my mo.. I, I want this feeling to last"

I embraced Katara tightly whilst hearing the words she spoke to me... she said she was also glad. I have never heard words like that before, unless they came from Uncle. I don't know what to say or how to react properly, it feels as if all of a sudden every word I have ever spoken is not enough to express what I feel right now.
The only thing I do know for certain is that it makes me happy seeing her smile.

"Katara?"
Yes Zuko?, I said when releasing him from the embrace.
"I am not exactly the best at expressing myself so..I,"

I chuckled, seeing Zuko searching for words and seeing a blush creeping up on his face.

"I.. I feel oke.."
I looked at Zuko struggling for words and trying to maintain his cool, it made me laugh. He felt a bit embarassed and turned his head away from me.
I cupped his face and turned it back to face me: I'm glad that you feel oke Zuko that makes me happy. I smiled: It makes me really happy.

Zuko looked at Katara whilst blushing, her smile made his heart race faster. He took her hands in his and took another look at her.

"When you're looking at me, I've never felt so alive and free"

Zuko..., I said whilst staring in his beautiful golden eyes.
Zuko cupped my face and said "I feel oke when I see your smile" "I know that I'm bad with expressing myself but I do know what I feel and why I feel like that"

I put my hand on his: Zuko, when you're looking at me...I've never felt so happy.
You're worth fighting for.
Zuko embraced me tightly and I felt how his entire being trembled, he put his head on my shoulder and whispered "No one has ever said that to me" His head sunk further in my shoulder and he held me tightly "I am so happy"
I gave Zuko a small kiss on his head: So am I.

We stood there entangled in one another, time did not stand still no, if anything everything around us continued but the both of us were in another world together. Time did not stop for us, it showed us that even in a world where time seems to be passing by and chaos is at the rise.. Zuko and I still managed to find each other in the midst of all the chaos. We were at peace as long as we had each other.