P-E-A-C-O-C-K _ KJS

This has to be my best edit yet. I originally planned something different but I knew I wanted to make a Peacock hybrid; inspired by Cardi B's tattoo.

Initially, I was going to include the bird's head but I thought, if I'm making an hybrid, it would only make sense if there's only one head, right? So I decided to make the hair fading into a peacock's feather.

Also, similar to Cardi's tat, I wanted to put something like that on the neck to make it look like she's shifting into a peacock but I decided against it (because I didn't have enough patience) and used a feather as her clothes and earrings.

I like the lips so much but I have no idea how I made it. I tried recreating it but it didn't turn out the way I wanted. I didn't really spend much time on the hair since it was fading out into a peacock anyway.

Almost finishing the edit, that was when I had the idea for the face jewellery and the eyeshadow designs. The lights that reflected on the side of her face also was an idea I had when I was almost done with the edit.

When it comes to editing, the part I hate doing the most are the highlights. For some reason, I hate it. It looks really easy but it's so complex—similar to a manipulation edit that depends on shadows a lot, highlights makes the edit pop! BUT I SUCK AT HIGHLIGHTS. Maybe the reason why I think this edition was my best one yet is because I love the highlights.

I spent over three hours making the edition and If I were to add the time I spent on looking for reference and pngs, adjusting the highlights, shadow and all in Lightroom, the time would accumulate to a little bit over four hours which was a bit surprising given that I have never spent such time on an edition in my three years ( I usually go on months long hiatus) experience—I guess.

...and it was even more surprising that i spent such a long time on a smudgeart. I wouldn't be so surprised if it was a Manipulation edit ( I'm usually the type to find shortcuts when editing; sometimes, I skip editing lips when I'm doing smudgeart).

Add this to your library for more edition like this—and I might start a tutorial on how I make these edits (Both Smudgeart and Manipulation edit).
IG- @iceepinn

Rate this edition on a scale of 1-10