PART ONE- THE CALL

NAME: SIMON RILEY
CODE NAME: GHOST
AGE: 37
BRANCH: SAS
RANK: LIEUTENANT

TIME- 12:05 AM

Buzz. Buzz.

He grabs his phone half asleep. He groans as his eyes adjust to the light. DEATHCAST. The blood rushes from his face, the room becoming static as his hands shake slightly. He knew the day would come. He wished for the day.. But now a fantasy became reality. And it scares the shit out of him. He answers the call as he gulps the lump that's sitting in his throat.
"Is this Simon Riley?". An operator speaks down the phone.
"T-This is Simon.. yeah...". His eyes slide shut as he talks, dread hitting him like a tonne of bricks.
"Simon, I regret to inform you that in the next twenty-four hours you'll be meeting an untimely death. There's nothing we can do to suspend or hold back this fate.".
"I understand... Thanks for calling..". Thanks for calling? Really? They just told you that you're gonna die. The call ended. He placed his phone on the bedside table and laid onto his back. Oh God.. Price wants me on some bullshit team mission... That's when I'm gonna die.. Fuck. He got up, sitting on the edge of his bed as his thoughts raced. Just another day. That's all it is. He gets on his gym clothes and goes down to the joint gym. It was half twelve, he knew no one was awake so he kept his mask off whilst working out, allowing himself to let go of Simon so he could finish his life as Ghost.

NAME: JOHN MACTAVISH
CODENAME: SOAP
AGE: 26
BRANCH: SAS
RANK: SARGENT

TIME: 12:32 AM

Buzz. Bu-

He answers the call as he plays Minecraft with Kyle, one of his close friends in the SAS who was also on the new task-force John was assigned to.
"Hello?". He greets the caller as he smiled, he was watching Kyle attempt to lead a creeper away from his newly built house but he was doing so miserably.
"Is this John MacTavish?". A woman asks down the phone.
"Yeah?". His face scrunches in confusion.
"I regret to inform you that in the next twenty-four hours you'll be meeting an untimely death. There's nothing we can do to suspend or hold back this fate.". He goes into a state of shock, his controller slipping from his hands as his mouth gapes open. Tears have began to form in his eyes.
"O-Oh". He manages to get out. The call ends and his phone slips from between his head and shoulder. Tears slip down his cheeks and there's a knock at his door.
"John? You in there?". Price. He quickly wipes his cheeks and eyes, breathing deeply before speaking.
"Yeah!". Price opens the door and stands in the doorway.
"Can you please stop destroying Kyle's house or something? He's practically screaming at his TV". He chuckles softly until he looks up at John, paying close attention to his wet eyelashes. "John? You alright?". That's all it took for the tears to start streaming again. John softly sobs as he buries his head in his hands. "Woah! John?! The hell's up with you?". He asks as he walks over to John, sitting next to him. All he can do is hand Price his phone, showing the recent call from DEATHCAST. Price sighs. "Oh, kid.". He wraps an arm around him, pulling him in for a hug. John accepts the comfort gratefully, burying his head into Price's chest as he sobs. "It's gonna be okay-".
"-I just got told I was gonna die in the next twenty-four hours. How the fuck can you say it's gonna be okay?!". He yells, standing up. Price looks at him with sympathy, which only riled John up more. "I'm not some injured puppy. Stop lookin' at me like that.". He snaps. He leaves his bedroom and makes his way to the bases kitchen. He grabs some booze and walks down to the gym, an attempt to release some of the stress he was currently bottling. He sees someone on the treadmill. Transfer? New recruit? Nah, the guy looks about thirty. Must be a transfer. He walks over to the treadmill next to the guy.

"You a transfer? Haven't seen you around here before.". He speaks as he sets the treadmill to a low speed. The guy snaps out of the daze he was in.
"Sorry.. What'd you say?". He asks, looking over.
"You a transfer?". He asks again with a small, welcoming smile.
"No?". He replies with a confused look. Johnny looks at him again, highly confused by the situation.
"I swear I haven't see you before...". He says and the blood from Simon's face drops.
"R-Really?". He attempts to play it off.
"Sorry to be that guy... But what's your name?". He asks with a small, awkward smile. Simon stares off at John for a few seconds before introducing himself.
"My name's Simon...". He says quietly. "I guess I'm also sorry to be that guy...". He adds, causing Soap to chuckle.
"I'm John.. Or Johnny. Whichever you prefer". He smiles softly.
"It's nice to meet you, Johnny". Something about the way Simon says his name made butterflies flutter through Johnny's gut.
"You too, Simon". He smiles softly.
"You know normal people normally have a protein shake whilst working out". Simon chuckles softly, causing Johnny to also laugh quietly.
"Yeah...". He grins as he increases his speed.
"So.. Why are you drinking and working out at twelve at night?". Simon asks quietly.
"Got the phone call". He says, it's all he has to say for Simon or anyone in that matter to understand.
"Sorry to hear that..". He speaks quietly. Johnny turns to him.
"You alright, pal?".
"Yeah... Guess neither of us were too lucky today, ay?". He asks, a sad smile resting on his face. Johnny realises what he's heard.
"No.. I guess not". He looks ahead, focusing on his workout for a few seconds.
"I snapped at the Captain...". He confesses with a bitter chuckle. "My last twenty-four hours and I've already managed to push away someone that was like a dad to me.". He looks at his feet as he shakes his head.
"I'm sure Price knows you're just grieving... He'll understand". He reassures him, placing a hand on his shoulder for a second.
"I hope so..". He shakes his head.