Chapter 12

Thank you for reading Enjoy

Chapter 12

Quinn

The explosion of heat right behind us was terrifying. As if we were standing next to a blazing bonfire, my backside felt like it was caught in the flames. One second later, one second and we would have been caught up in the flames. As it was, the power of the blast sent us flying forward away from the worst of it.

Leo got us to the ground just before wood and sharp shards of metal came flying over our heads. The gazebo we were just standing on was in pieces all around us.  Leo kept his body over mine. His hands covered my head while his body hovered over the rest of me, protecting me from the aftermath.

The football game immediately came to a halt as family and friends raced to help us. Others were getting to the fire station to help with the blaze. Children were pulled back to the Inn, people hurried into the diner for safety. I'm not sure anyone is safe anymore.

"Quinn! Quinn!" Beckett skidded on his knees next to us. "Are you okay? Leo? Either of you hurt?"

"I'm okay." Leo sat up, running his hand up and down my arm as I sat up. "Quinn? Are you hurt?"

There's a panic in his eyes now. He's scared for me. For us. Touching my stomach, reassuring myself and him that we're okay, I take his hand and squeeze it. "I'm okay."

"Inside!" Beckett got to his feet as Blake jogged over.

"Everyone inside the Inn now!" Blake called out to the crowd that was coming closer to us. "Quinn, you better go straight into Grace. Let her check you out."

"I agree with Blake. Baby, just humor me, okay? I'm new at this." Leo saw my refusal and cut me off.

"Fine, but I'm okay." Leaning into him, I know what he is afraid of and I try to reassure him as I whisper, "we're both okay."

Heading for the Inn with Tess and Aubrey, I heard Beckett begin his questioning of Leo. "What the hell happened?"

Aubrey linked her arm through mine and kept me walking. "Don't. Just don't interrupt them. They're scared for you. Lindsey is getting ballsier every time she does something. It's getting scary for all of us. More so for them. They feel the need to protect us."

Tess agreed, linking her arm through mine on the other side. "And having a baby makes them more obsessively protective."

"What?" I stopped walking and stared at her. "How did you know?"

Aubrey and Tess looked at each other then me. Neither of them said a word.

"Tess! How did you know? I only just now told Leo!" And I realized I just inadvertently told them.

"I was talking about Aubrey who is obviously very pregnant and Hope, your little darling. I didn't know you were pregnant until now that you just told us." Tess explained. Boy, do I feel stupid.

"But now that we know, why haven't you told us before now?" Aubrey asks, and it's a reasonable question. "As much danger as we are all in thanks to Lindsey, this isn't the time for secrets, Quinn. How far along are you?"

Ethan

"You're bleeding!" Noting the blood seeping through Leo's shirt, I spun my brother around and pulled up the back of his shirt. Sure enough he has shards of wood stuck in his skin from the impact of the blast.

"Holy shit!" Blake cursed, joining us. "I'll get Jake." Hurrying off, he went for help.

"Don't fucking move! You dumbass! What were you thinking?" Chewing out my brother for no other reason then he has scared the shit out of me makes me feel better.