Chapter 2

Thank you for reading Enjoy

Chapter 2

Ethan

With Brynn's phone in hand, we rush into the dinner house. Splitting up we moved through the restaurant. Searching behind the bar, in the storage areas anyway she could hide. Beckett searched outside by  the big trash bin and around where we found the phone.

"She isn't here!" Beckett yells as he enters the kitchen.

"Who turned everything on then?" I ask, getting more and more frustrated as time passes. "I turned the power off when I left last night. I was the last one here. Why is the power on?"

Beckett shakes his head, not having an answer. "I don't know. Ethan, what are you thinking? You don't think..."

"No one can find Lindsey. No one thought she was capable of taking Hope but she did. She has been hiding for six months! You don't think that crazy bitch is capable of taking Brynn!?" Every ounce of frustration comes flooding out as I swing a hammer across the room with the hook landing right in a new wall.

"She's capable. I agree but Brynn is different from an innocent baby. Brynn would fight back." She would if she was able but what if she is hurt or drugged. There's no telling what Lindsey will do.

"Brynn is the one Lindsey has spent most of her life tormenting! She's always been Lindsey's main target! Why?" I know the answer. It's the same as it was years ago.

The question hangs between us as Leo, Aubrey, and Paige come in.  "She called me!"

"Brynn?" I turn, hopeful that she is safe. Looking between Aub and Paige, both shake their heads.

"No, sorry, Ethan." Aubrey gives a sympathetic look. She's just as worried as I am. "There was a voicemail on the clinic's line when I opened up. It's Lindsey, she's got Brynn." Aubrey informs us and plays the message.

"Three blind mice, three blind mice.
See how they run, see how they run.
Brynn was first, oh Aubrey dear, next is you, so you shall fear.
I'll chase you down and you will see just how deadly I can be.
You're baby won't live until you give
All that's mine is back to me.
Three blind mice, three blind mice." The nursery rhyme is sung so sweetly but the lyrics are crazy. "By now you know that Brynn is gone. Her cold dead corps won't last for long. One flick of the switch and I killed the bitch. You will see when she turns gray. Hide your loved ones until the day. I've set things straight and scored my mate. Three blind mice. Three blind mice."

An evil laugh followed before the call ended. Looking at each other, a shiver ran down my spine. What happened to her? Lindsey is completely unhinged. But she left the message for a reason. There has to be a clue in there somewhere.

"She's crazy!" Leo frowns as our eyes meet. Leo has his own family to think of. With Quinn and Hope under his roof now, Leo won't be taking any chances with them.

Beckett takes the phone from Aubrey and wraps her in his arms. He's scared for her. I don't blame him. Aubrey is the one who's pregnant. She's close enough to having the baby that she's going to the doctor weekly now.

Touching Aubrey's arm, I try to reassure both of them. "We won't let her touch you, Aubrey."

"No, she won't come near you, because you're going to Point Conception. No argument. Until this is over you're out of town. So is Quinn and Hope!" Making an executive decision, Beckett refuses to hear any arguments about it. Not from Aubrey or Leo, although Leo isn't fighting the decision. He agrees.

I do too. Beckett has the right idea. The women and Hope need to get somewhere safe. Nowhere is safer than Georgia's home in California. I've been there once, I will never forget it. The place is a fortress.