Texts

"Seriously, Thank you." I smiled back at Leon in the driver seat as I shut the passenger side door.

"Hey." he said, as he extended his arm out holding the door open.
"You're not going to give me your phone number." he says smirking while handing me his phone so I can type in my phone number.

I watched as he drove away, This is why summer felt so different this year,this boy and I was going to make every second of summer count.

"You're back early" Laurel called out from the sitting room checking her watch.

"Yeah I left early" lie "Why everything ok?" she questioned "Yes I just hate the crowds" lie "Who dropped you home?" "Just one of the girls" lie "Ok well Susannah and Belly are asleep so be quiet" lie I saw belly at the bonfire was Laurel this out of touch with what's going on.

I close the door behind me and let a sigh of relief escape my lips after successfully dodging all of Laurels questions.

Ding.

Why the fuck haven't they left yet? Are the cops not there?Ding

Ding.

I'm going to kill you Isabella Susannah Conklin

Ding.
I look down at my phone but realise It's the doorbell and not a notification. Their back 

Ding.

I stared down at my phone blankly

I stared down at my phone blankly. What do I say? How do I even respond? Do I even really like him like that?

"What the fuck were you thinking ditching us like that" Jeremiah stormed into my room scolding me as if I'm 5 years old. "Me? ditching ye?Oh my god Jere! Are you kidding me?You left me. Remember?" I scoff right back at him. Is he serious? He's smiling? why is he smiling? That stupid smile I can't help but resist.

"Im sorry" Jeremiah says clearly trying to suppress his smile. "Stop laughing it's not funny!" now I'm trying to suppress my laugh but finding it just as difficult as he is.

"You're actually lucky you didn't come home with us" Jeremiah laughs. "Why"  "The cops brought us home" he's serious. "Oh my god Jere." I say pushing his shoulder playfully giggling.

"I'm glad I left with leon so" I say laughing softly
"Who's Leon,bek?" he furrows his eyebrows did belly not tell him who?why did he care? why do I care?
"Oh jus thi-, uhm nobody he's nobody jus- jus-t a friend" I say stumbling over every word.

"Cool,cool" Jeremiah says forcing a half assed smile on his face avoiding eye contact as he looks down at the ground.
"Uhm, you going to take him to the ball" he says clearing his throat and as he looks me dead in the eyes.

"No,Uh idk who I'm going to take" I muttered scratching the back of my neck.

"goodnight" he said closing the door behind him satisfied with my answers.

I place my head in my hands. oh my god why is everything and everyone so confusing.

/

I wake up with a pounding headache and a sudden need for some fresh air.

"Hi" I say as I approach Conrad sitting down on the beach. Ok maybe I knew there was a slight possibility he was out here, because he loves the smell of the beach in the early morning but listen so do I.

I sat down next to him curling myself up into a ball. "Last night was a-" "a shit show" Conrad says finishing my sentence for me.

"How did you even get home?" he looks up at me questionably.
"I'm surprised you even remember. I mean from what i heard, you were pretty wasted" I teased him with a smile

"I always remember everything when I drink" he uttered in a low yet firm voice.

My eyes are now fixed on Conrad trying to alight a flame with his lighter as his hands are clasped around it, but failing miserably.

"Let me help." I say reaching out for the lighter. "You know how to" he shakes his head in disbelief but hands it to me anyway.

I get up and start running away with it dangling it in my hands teasingly. Conrad gets up and starts chasing me for it but fails miserably as he stumbles around the place as my hand reclines every time he gets close.

"Same old Bek" he says as he grabbed hold of my hand and pulls me closer as he try's get at the lighter.
"Hey, let's go pick up some of the good muffins before everyone else gets up"he asks me, no longer interested in the lighter.

I thought this summer was gonna be like all the other summers but it's not.

"Uhm, I actually have major shopping to do" I hummed softly as I retreat backwards still maintaining eye contact with Conrad.

Because I won't let it be.

"Not for that stupid debutante thing" he scoffs

"Yes for that "stupid debutante thing" " I mimic him with a smile, as I run back to the summer house.

A/N
Hope you guys liked it! Yet to have the first commenter but hoping to change that 🩷🩷