7|darkness

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲

▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

Riley sat in the passenger seat with her daughter asleep in her lap, the belt across both of them. Malia was in the driver's seat driving fast but as safely as possible with her niece in the car. Isaac led the way on his bike, the man still remembering the way to the sheriff's station.

With one hand around Aayla and the other on her phone, Riley tried to call Stiles three more times. All three times the woman was sent to voicemail. She couldn't decide whether to be completely pissed off or worried about him.

When they finally arrived at the station they all rushed in, only to find Lydia and Jackson. Apparently, Liam had been there earlier but had left not too long ago. Lydia looked paler than usual as she saw the woman with her daughter.

"You found Aayla, good," she breathed with a sigh of relief. "You guys should go home before something else happens."

"If you think that I'm leaving without Stiles, you don't know me as well as I thought you did," Riley responded. "Speaking of which, have you seen him?"

The strawberry blonde shook her head, "No sorry. Maybe you and Aayla can go and we can send Stiles when he shows up."

Feeling her heart sink, the Sylph went into the Sheriff's office and laid her sleeping daughter down on the couch in the corner. She then got her phone out and quickly typed a message to her husband.

To: Stiles
Hey, I need you to call or text or something because I'm really starting to get worried

"Lydia, for the last time, I'm not leaving without him," Riley said firmly, scrolling through her contacts. "I am going to tell Charlotte to come and get Aayla, though."

To: Charlotte
SOS. I need you to come and get Aayla asap. I'll explain when you get here

"Okay, good," Lydia nodded. "That's good."

The Sylph noticed how strange the Banshee was acting. She wanted to ask her why but part of her felt like that needed to be when they were alone. There was definitely something bothering her, though. After how long they had known each other, Riley had a knack for recognising that look on her face.

"Hey, are we gonna talk about the huge fucking elephant in the room?" Malia asked as they all followed Riley into the Sheriff's office.

It was so strange being in there without the Sheriff - it almost didn't feel right. She hadn't even had the chance to tell Stiles that his father had been taken since he wasn't picking up his phone. 

Malia's eyes were wide as she looked between Riley, Isaac, Jackson and Lydia, the latter two having no idea what she was talking about. "Derek, the Sheriff, Eli, Deaton, they're all gone."