Chapter Sixteen

As dusk faded and night time began, the group got settled ready for the full day's work that was approaching, the old man had offered them two rooms in his farm house, this time they had split the rooms where Freed, Bickslow and Laxus shared the larger room, leaving Y/N to share the smaller room with Evergreen. The boy's room was quite basic, it had in it an old double bed, a dresser with a mirror on it next to the door, a single nightstand next to the bed with a candle placed on it. On the walls laid an old red wallpaper that was peeling in patches, there was a wooden trim around the room that matched the old wooden floor. Between the bed and the dresser was a small rug on the floor that looked in need of a good clean but added a much needed splash of colour to the room. At the opposite end of the room was a full length window with small wooden fence, with a shear curtain that covered it.

The other room was almost the opposite, it still had the same wooden floor and wooden trim, but this room was brightly coloured and well maintained. It contained two single beds with a nightstand in between, there was a white fluffy rug in the gap as well. The walls were baby blue and had abstract paintings hung on it above each of the beds. Against the wall at the bottom end of the bed lied two dressers pushed up against each other to form one long dresser, there was a long mirror on the wall above it and a couple of pictures placed on the top of the dressers. There was another small window in this room that was almost a complete copy of the one in the other room but this one was only about half the size. The bedding on these beds were similar but not identical, one being a white with leaves printed all over it, the other one was also white but had a small cactus print repeated all over it.

The boys began to settle down to bed, Bickslow pulled out his sleeping bag and laid it on the rug, the floor might not have been the comfiest place to sleep but compared to the woods it was plenty comfy for Bickslow, he passed out almost as soon as he got comfy, leaving Freed and Laxus to share the double bed. Freed almost collapsed on the bed, clearly starting to feel the drain on his magic that healing Y/N was causing. Laxus gently laid down on the bed next to him and Freed rolled over so that the two wear facing each other. Laxus gently reached his hand out and began to play with Freed's long green hair, while he'd never admit it, Laxus loved Freed's hair.

"Laxus," Freed said gently, trying to get Laxus' attention. "Laxus...what are you doing?" Laxus looked up to meet Freed's gaze, still playing with his hair as he did so. The two looked into each others eye's for a minute before Laxus rolled over to his back, propping his head up a little with his arm.

"Sorry, I'm just worried is all," he said in reply to the green haired mage.

"What's on your mind?" Freed asked, resulting in a simple sigh from Laxus

"Do you really-" he started to say before getting cut off by Bickslow snoring. "Do you really not know?" Laxus said, this time a little quieter than before as to not disturb Bickslow. Freed shock his head in response.

"I'm worried about you, I know your a strong wizard and all but having a constant drain on your magic can't be doing you much good... I mean look at you, your already starting to feel it and it's only been a day." Laxus said, attempting to explain his distress. He then turned his head back over to look at Freed.

"Laxus I'm fine, just a little tired is all," Freed said placing his hand on Laxus' cheek to turn his head a little more to allow them to make eye contact easier. This didn't seem to ease Laxus' worry as Freed had hoped. "Look, I promise that if it gets too much for me then ill drop it but for now its more beneficial for us all to be fighting ready, and even if I dropped it for the night and redid it tomorrow, it would end up using even more magic power." Freed explained, trying to make it so that Laxus wouldn't worry about him. This was one of the things that Freed loved about Laxus, even though he puts on a tough exterior, he's always had a soft spot for those who he's closed to.