Sing Along.

The next morning, I was awoken by Pete, who had two cups of coffee in his hands.

"Morning, sunshine. How'd you sleep?" He asked.

I just shrugged and sat up.

"So, there's a small fair thing going on this weekend. The guys and I were thinking about going. Wanna come?" Pete asked, sitting on the bed and handing me a cup of coffee.

I took a sip of the bitter drink and nodded.

"Are you going to talk?" Pete chuckled.

"Maybe. I'm a mute in the morning." I say, smiling a bit.

"You didn't bring any clothes, I notice."

"Well, I didn't have enough time to pack."

"Eh. We didn't give you much time, I guess."

"Exactly."

"I'll take you to the mall here."

"Yeah, what state are we in anyway?"

"Chicago."

"I don't even know what Chicago is, but I'm 99.9 percent positive it is not a state." 

Pete giggles. 

"Illinois. We're in Illinois." 

"Oh, now I get it." I smile. 

"Yeah, you know this is my home town?"

"I did not."

"Well, it is."

"It's cold as fuck."

Pete laughed and didn't respond.

I took another small sip from my coffee and then set it down on the bed stand.

"So, let's go." Pete said, getting up and setting his cup of coffee on the bed stand also.

"Meh, fine." I say then get up, walking over the door to put my shoes on.

Pete opens the door for me and holds it until I walk out. I follow him to the elevator and into the lobby. We didn't speak much on the way to the car. I got into the passenger's side of the car and buckled myself in while Pete turned on the radio. When he did, "Little Talks" had just started. Pete looked at me and smiled. 

"Do you know this song?" He asks, still smiling like goon.

"Yeah." I nodded slowly.

"What's wrong?" Pete asked.

"This song reminds me of my schizophrenia. I like the song, though." I say slowly.

"Oh. That kinda sucks."

"Yeah..."

The car was full of instrumental music, until the lyrics started.

"Some days I can't even dress myself..." I sang quietly.

"It's killing me to see you this way..." Pete sang back.

I looked at him and smiled.

We continued singing parts until the song was close to an end. We just kinda stopped in the middle.

 Then we got there. This mall was huge. And I mean HUGE. We both got out of the car and Pete led me through two large doors into a Barnes and Noble. Pete continued to lead the way until we made it to Hot Topic.

"So, just because my hair is dyed with wacky colors automatically makes you think I like Hot Topic?' I ask, stopping in the middle of the Mall.

"No, I uh.. Just.." Pete stuttered as he scratched the back of his neck.