Magical Girls and Trauma 👍

Madoka Magica HOTD AU
They're magical girls with guns and angst.
TW: Blood, language, spiderish imagery

~~~

It was a hot summer night, the sky clear and the moon illuminated the ground. The boys trudged along the side walk, fighting these witches was just getting more and more draining. Kyubey trotted along beside Michael, his smile being a stark contrast to Michael's tired pale face.

David glanced over at Brandon who was struggling to walk as his leg had practically shattered while fighting and his magic healed it instantly, he wasnt used to so much pain nor the pain still insisting on his leg despite it being healed. Brandon also wasnt used to so much exercise, sweat ran down his face and his blue hair was wet with it. That's when David had an idea, "Yo Brandon, let's go to your's." David stopped walking.

Brandon stopped a bit in front of him, Michael who was leading stopped to look back at him. "Why my house? You know we havent got much food or space for a sleepover."

"But you do have a laaaaake~" David put his arm around Brandon, "imagine this, a nice cool lake after a looong gruesome battle, floating alon-"

"He broke his leg. He needs rest." Michael interjected.

"He can float! Or just sit by the side or the shallow areaaa," David whined

Brandon clicked his mouth, "We can go to the lake, but dont expect to stay the night."

"Yes!" David celebrated to himself before looking back at Lucas and Ritchie. Ritchie was sitting on the curb drinking from a water bottle, Lucas sat next to him. "Come on you two!"

Ritchie groaned as he picked himself up and handed the water bottle to Lucas. "I'm hungry thouuugghhh,"

Michael shook her head. Lucas smiled, "I can order pizza, Roy's is open at this time plus I get a discount."

"Wooo! Pizza night boys! Thanks Luke!" David put his arm around Lucas and started cheering. Lucas chuckled and tried pushing him off only to get Ritchie on his other side cheering as well.

They started walking in front going towards Brandon's house, Michael moved towards the back of the group with Kyubey. "You know he is okay to walk."

"Doesn't change the fact he just went through a traumatic experience, he needs to rest Kyubey."

"When you got shot Aust-"

Michael stopped walking and glared down at the cat, "Do not. Mention. Him." Kyubey's emotionless eyes stared into Michael's in an eerie nonhuman manner. "I dont want to remember what they did to him."

They stared into each other's eyes, Michael's glare hardened on the cat's. "Alright, but I think you should catch up, they're much further ahead now."

The lake was colder than usual but that didnt stop the boys from getting in, mostly. Lucas and Brandon sat on the dock watching as the ginger's roped Michael into playing with them. Kyubey in the grass watching. Lucas leaned back onto the dock to look up at the starry sky, he grinned and asked Brandon, "We both know you're letting David stay the night."

Brandon laid back with him, "die." Lucas chuckled, "Yeah and you'll let Michael and Ritchie go with you, we both know how these nights end."

"Yup," The boys stared up into the sky, thinking about everything, "Hey...Brandon?" Brandon hummed, "Do you think we messed up by making our wishes?"

Brandon took in a sharp breath, "I dont think I did," he turned his head, "Do you?"

"....." Lucas stared up at the sky, "Somedays I think I should've picked something better,"