Chapter One - Burial.

Title: The Real Jem and The Hologram movie.

Author: Beth Brownell

Rating: PG

Feedback: Desired.

Summary: Jerrica and Kimber Benton loses their father, tries to cope with that loss, deal with handling orphan girls and getting their father's music company to support them.

Disclaimer: All characters used belong to Hasbro and done without permission. This is a fan written story.

Notes: This was originally an AU story of the beginning of Jem and The Holograms - a fan written story. But with the release of the Live Action trailer of the movie, I decided to rename this from What if - Emmett's Will to The Real Jem and The Hologram movie. Please read and review. Thanks.

The Real Jem and The Hologram movie.

Jerrica stood at her father's grave as Eric Raymond spoke to her about if she needed anything from the music company while he's taking care of it, just ask and she'll get it. Jerrica thanked him and watched as he walked away from her and her red haired sister without another word except for a smirk on his lips.

Rio, her boyfriend stood by the lone tree in the graveyard with an umbrella and dashed towards the pair to cover them up with the umbrella and started to coax them to head home. He drove them both to Starlight House. Rio looked over at Jerrica and asked, "Do you want me to stay the night, Jerrica? Just to give you comfort?"

"I like that, Rio." Jerrica replied, her eyes glazed with tears.

Rio smiled softly as he parked the jeep in the drive way and got out. He went to help Jerrica out when he found her already out and walking up the steps. He noticed the tears that fell from her eyes as he wrapped his arm around her as they walked up the steps together. Just before they reached the door, Jerrica's grief overcame her and she started to cry. Rio held her as Kimber her younger sister stood watching at the top of the stairs. "Go on in, Kimber, I'll bring her in after she's done crying."

Kimber wanted to complain but she knew she overruled by Rio being her older sister's boyfriend, she turned and walked into the house to meet up with the orphaned girls who lived in Starlight House. They all knew what happened to the founder's husband and they wanted to know where Jerrica was. "Jerrica is outside crying, girls. Give her a few moments. Okay?"

The girls nodded as they headed for their rooms knowing that Jerrica would come in soon. Some of the girls watched from the living room window Rio and Jerrica on the front steps, him holding her and she in his arms crying in the rain.

It was about half an hour later, Rio and Jerrica entered the house. The girls who were downstairs immediately went to Jerrica's side and hugged her telling them how sorry they were for her loss that they all knew how she felt.

The comforting words from the girls made Jerrica smile as she realized that she was now on their level being an orphan even though she was an adult but yet they knew how it felt. It was something that she knew bonded them even tighter with the girls. She smiled towards the girls as she returned their hugs individually thanking them at the same time. She looked at the clock and saw that it was seven thirty pm, time for them to start getting ready for school in the morning.

"Okay girls. Its' time for you to get ready for sleep, school is tomorrow." Jerrica reminded them.

"Okay Jerrica. Good night." came the replies from the girls as the sounds of several feet headed up the stairs till there was no more sounds at all as doors were closed.