ı (a game of tag)

ִ ࣪𖤐_________________________ִ ࣪𖤐

 Your father took you to the adress that was mentioned at the invitation letter by car, probably to make sure that you don't try anything funny

The black bugatti didn't go unnoticed by the teenagers that were in there, and you wanted to disappear the moment people started gawking at the expensive car.

"Make me proud Etsu" Your father demanded. It might sound harmless and something that a normal parent would say, but for you it felt like a threat.

Trying to contain your scowl, you smiled at him.

"I won't disappoint you, father"

You got out of the car, closing the door with your left hand as you ignored the teenagers' curious gaze, and walked to the interior of the building, which was full of boys. You guessed that there were at least two hundred boys, maybe more, probably under eighteen.

'So many people...'

Looking at the people, not knowing what to do, you noticed a certain purple-haired boy.

'...Mikage?'

You doubted that it was him, because... come on, Mikage Reo? The heir of the Mikage Corporation? Why would he be in a football project?

You got proven wrong the second you saw his face, recognizing him at the instant. He widened his eyes when you both made eye contact, he probably was surprised to see you there too.

The awkward five seconds in which you both were staring at each other were interrupted by a deep voice.

"Welcome"

Confused, you looked at the source of the voice. The lights were turned off, but you could still see a lanky man with a bowl haircut on the stage.

The man coughed, clearing his throath
"Congratulations, you unpolished lumps of talent."

"According to my personal judgment, the three hundred of you are the best strikers under eighteen."

"My name is Jinpachi Ego. I was hired to give Japan a World Cup victory"

You couldn't help but snicker. Japan winning the World Cup? It was unimaginable for you. Yeah, sure, the country actually improved a lot the last years, but the mere idea made you laugh.

"I'll say this plainly. Only one thing is necessary for japanese soccer to become the best in the world."

He opened his arms, bending his long limbs.

"The birth of a revolutionary striker, with the three hundred of you here... I will conduct an experiment to create the world's best striker"