3

Taylor's eyes fluttered open as it dawned on her that she had actually managed to fall asleep. She hadn't managed to do that for just over a week and getting through her days with heaps of caffeine was not the lifestyle she aspired to have.

As her mind crashed back to reality, she suddenly became acutely aware of a pain in her back, and she frowned as she sat up. She rubbed her eyes, trying to rid of her early morning tiredness and she looked at her surroundings before diagnosing the pain in her back. She was still on the floor. She had obviously fallen asleep whilst writing in her notebook, the hard floor being the cause of the pain.

She chuckled to herself, before pulling herself to her feet and stretching out her limbs. Her head turned towards the digital clock that sat on her nightstand and she read the time.

8:44am

She nodded her head, happy that she had woken up at a time that meant Quinn had either left for work or just left the house in general. This thought made her stop in her tracks and her heart broke for the fiftieth time that week, as she realised, she was starting to hope that she wouldn't have to run into Quinn in the kitchen or something.

Sighing, she made the bed that she hadn't even slept in before composing herself and leaving her bedroom. She stood at the top of the steps, biting her lip, and bracing herself just in case she did run into Quinn downstairs.

She slowly made her way down the steps, listening out for any sounds of movement or cutlery.

All that could be heard was the birds chirping outside and she carefully made her way into the kitchen. She found her heart beating anxiously and realised she was starting to grow fearful of her own wife. Especially after nearly taking a picture frame to the head the previous night.

The kitchen gave no sign of Quinn's existence however and Taylor let out a small exhale, grabbing the kettle from the counter and filling it up with tap water. As she switched it on and let the water boil, she leaned forward and rested her forehead on the cool surface of the kitchen island.

Her mind raced with thoughts of the songs she had written last night, wondering if they would be worthy of a new album. As she stood back up straight to pour out the hot water into her mug, her eye caught a pink post-it note that hadn't been there the night before.

Curious, Taylor leant forward and read it.

Gone out for a run

Taylor recognised Quinn's handwriting and her heart skipped more than one beat when she noticed the fact that Quinn had notified Taylor of her whereabouts. The note got Taylor thinking. Was Quinn still holding out hope that I would get worried when noticing she's not home?

Taylor caught her eyes beginning to grow watery again, and she shook her head not allowing herself to cry for what would probably be the hundredth time in the past twelve hours.

She poured the hot water into her mug and absent-mindedly dipped the tea bag in and out of the water as she thought about the note. Five simple words had Taylor questioning everything.

-------

Music blasted on full volume through Quinn's headphones as she kept a steady pace. She had woken up that morning feeling incredibly depressed and knew that a run would be a good thing to help clear her mind.

She didn't even have a route planned out; she was just running, with no intention to stop anytime soon.

Her chestnut brown hair was pulled into a low ponytail and the feeling of it swishing across her neck, and the burn in her calves was a useful tool to keep as a reality check. Without them, her mind would wander back to the house and begin to imagine how Taylor would react to the note she left.