3. Wajud

ABHIRAJ

The moments with Taara in the last few weeks have been the highlight of my life. Her gaze owns me in a way, where I can't keep my heart from pounding in my chest and breaking its cages to pump out.

Every day, despite the revolt I feel in the morning, I have to go to work. And I come back, with her occasionally running to the door for me, and we pleasantly share dinner, and talk a little.

Or me finding her in Babuji's garden, sitting there talking with the twins, or more like her own stomach.

The bump isn't visible to me, but she insists that she has a little curve on her flat stomach. Weird, she looks the same to me.

With her mood swings, she says it every day, right after dinner, just the way she spoke of it now, "My abdomen is getting giant!" She said in very unconcerned way but the moment I said,

"No, it's not! You are the same!" She throws a fork at my head, a spoon or god forbid if we are having a breakfast butter knife. But my muscles are trained with her little endeavour. I just dodged my head, it was the glass of water today.

"Taara! I could have died!" I shouted, surprised, the cutlery could hardly nip me, but the glass could have created damage. It shattered behind me, on the floor. "Stop being sarcastic!" She yelled at me, her eyes gleaming red now.

I nodded, "Okay. I am sorry." I tried to calm her down. She angrily stood up and walked out of the room, ignoring me.

It's been hard, she is smiling and suddenly she starts crying, she is laughing and suddenly gets angry. She is angry and once again she is crying.
But her momentum only lasts for brief seconds and she is back to normal.

I was done too, so I followed her behind, going on a walk with her like our habit after dinner. I am always tired, but this brief moment is all I get before she disappears in her room. She shifted her thing earlier, but she still stays on her own. Her admittance didn't cause her to trust that I was not those men.

And I am willing to give her the time she needs until she realises it herself. When I walked behind her, I found her strolling on the front lawn rather than the back lawn, and stepping towards her I stood beside her, walking along.

"So, the helpers were asking me to look after the items again, telling me to check them before the restock, something something! And then they asked me, to redirect them to their duties and assign the new maids. I should check all the payments that are to be held out, and all the supplier's payments by the head servant before she makes the debits. I did not understand any single word she kept talking about the whole time. What are these items that I have to check? What is restocking? And what re-directions? New maids! Don't we have enough, why do we need them? Check out payments! If I see numbers that have more there three digits I get nervous. And how to handle suppliers' payments? Who are these suppliers? I felt so stupid." She admitted the moment we passed a circle.

I took in all her words calmly, listening to how out of place her heart felt while I was missing being by her side when she needed me. But she is my wife now.

I could have chosen to deal with these affairs myself, didn't realise I was crashing her with so much self-doubts. She is the smartest person I have met, and I have met some geniuses. She should know that.

I halted my steps, she walked two more before she realised I was not behind her, She turned around to face me. "I am sorry, but I am not what this haveli needs," She said and I shook my head, cutting down the distance between us, "I am going to kiss you," I spoke when her eyes approved and I caught her face, aggressively like a beast, before I crashed myself on her completely, She melted in my arms, and this intimacy occurred after a long time.