Chapter 9

Rosie lifted her head and looked Ezekiel standing in front of her. She can't believed it.
" Ezekiel...Why?" tanging nasabi lang ni Rosie dahil hindi sya makapaniwala.
"Ayaw mo ba?" Ezekiel replied.
"kasi.." Before Rosie could continue
"It's okay! I understand if  you wanna do it with someone else ."
Ezekiel said to Rosie malungkot ang tono ng boses nito. He knew that Rosie doesn't want him anymore alam nyang si Brian na ang gusto nito. All he had to do is respect Rosie's decision.
" You should go home now papahatid nalang kita sa driver namin dito." He added then Ezekiel turned around at naglakad papalayo kay Rosie.
Rosie paused for a moment and when she came back to her senses bago paman makalayo si Ezekiel she ran into him and hugged Ezekiel from behind.
Ezekiel stopped walking and he was shocked Rosie was hugging him tightly.
" I am so grateful! Whenever I'm in trouble you're always saving me. Kung pwede lang turoan ang puso ko na iba nalang ang mahalin sana ginawa ko na.
But I can't. I know I can't have you anymore. You belonged to someone else already. Sinabi ko naman sayo titigil nako pag nagka girlfriend ka na, but you're always giving me reason to like you even more! before I say goodbye just wanna thank you for everything! You really saved me today." She said and slowly removed her hand from hugging Ezekiel.
little did Rosie knew Ezekiel was smiling now he know that Rosie didn't like Brian she didn't like someone else. he turned around and face Rosie and quickly changed his facial expression
" At sino namang nagsabi sayo na may girlfriend nako?" He furrowed his brows.
" Si —." Rosie pouted.
"Who told you that you can't have me?" Ezekiel cut her off.
Rosie's eyes widened.
"H-hindi ba kayo ni Selene?"
" What? Selene? Who is she?"
"I mean Selene Lopez!"
"And where did you get that information? huh?" Ezekiel narrowed his eyes he was annoyed.
"C'mon Ezekiel! don't lie to me!" Rosie rolled her eyes.
"Hey! Do you think I really like Selene?"
"But why not??! She's beautiful,intelligent, she's the Miss Campus, she almost perf—!" Before Rosie could continue what she wants to say
Ezekiel pulled her and hugged her very tight. Rosie was at a loss for words her face was on Ezekiel's chest Ezekiel was hugging her.
"But I don't like her! I only like one person. I don't want anyone else! I - I only like you Rosie!"
Rosie was so shocked she didn't expect this ang buong akala nya'y walang gusto sakanya si Ezekiel at never syang magugustohan nito.
But still she can't believed it she pushed Ezekiel.
"You liar! I saw your picture nagyayakapan kayo ni Selene I saw it ! pinakita nya sakin yung picture nyo sa phone nya mismo!" Rosie said habang nakataas ang isang kilay nito.
Ezekiel laughed in his eyes Rosie was so cute.
"O? anong nakakatawa dun? ha?" she added.
"Wait?! are you jealous?" Ezekiel asked while laughing.
" Ofcourse not! Why would I be jealous?!! I'm not your girlfriend! I don't have the right to be jealous!" Rosie said and crossed her arms.
"Talaga?! hindi ka nagseselos?!" Ezekiel pouted.
" NO!!!" Rosie responded.
" Okay! So what if sagotin na kita?" Ezekiel said.
" A-anong sasagotin na kita? hello! wag kag feeling Mr. De Vierra tinigil ko ng pangliligaw ko sayo!"
" l'll court you then." Ezekiel said without hesitation.
Rosie was speechless her face turned red Ezekiel noticed it that she was blushing.
"Ano bang klaseng tingin yan? and what the hell are you thinking? Please stop playing with my feelings Ezekiel! stop lying!" Rosie retorted. She doesn't even know whether she would believe Ezekiel or not .Before ,Ezekiel did not show her any signs that he liked her,
Ezekiel was so cold to her all the time . Hindi nya alam anong trip ni Ezekiel naisip nyang baka pinag t-tripan lang sya nito. Hindi nya rin maintindihan ang sarili nya ngayon lalo't naiisip na naman nya ang parents nya ang problema ng pamilya nila.
" I wanna go home. please ipahatid mo nako. I'm tired." She said in a low voice.Then Manang Carmen came in may kasama itong dalawang delivery boy.
"Sir Ezekiel narito na po yung inorder nyong cake. Ay mga iho pakilagay dun sa mesa." Sabi naman ni Manang Carmen sabay turo sa lamesa. After putting the cake on the table Manang Carmen and the two delivery boy left immediately.
Rosie was curious again. Does he know that it's my birthday today? but How?—
" Happy Birthday Rosie!" Ezekiel greeted her.
" How'd you know?" Rosie asked with a soft voice.
" I know your birthday since we were in grade two.
don't tell me you don't remember I was in the school park I cried so hard that time because I want to eat cake but mom doesn't want me to eat sweets kasi nga it's not good daw. Then lumapit ka binigay mo yung baon mong cake sakin na may nakasulat pang happy bday Rosie dumating ka na para bang alam mo bakit ako umiiyak non. Then after non sabi ko sa sarili ko blessing ka sa buhay because of you napa cravings satisfied ako." Ezekiel said.Then suddenly Rosie remembered they were schoolmates since elementary.
" I really don't know that time na cake rin pala ang iniiyakan mo. Kala ko kasi candy so I took pity on you kaya binigay ko nalang yung cake sayo." Rosie said and they both laugh.
" You really saved me that day. You have no I
idea how happy I was when I saw the cake. Tapos pagkaalis mo kinain ko kaagad." Ezekiel said and laughed again.
"Really? kinain mo yun? akala ko talaga hindi mo kinain kasi ang rude mo noon you even said "go away!!!". kunwari kalang pala." Rosie said and they both laughed.
"Well bawing bawi ka naman ilang beses mo nakong niligtas mula sa kapahamakan." Rosie added and smiled to him.
" After non nagkaroon nako ng first crush." Ezekiel said and smiled back to Rosie.
" Weh?" tanging sagot ni Rosie.
" Well believe it or not it's up to you! So I'm giving you this cake as payback dahil sa binigay mong cake sakin noon." Ezekiel said in a serious voice.
" Zeki! that was 12years ago! ngayon mo lang naisipang bumawi sakin?" Rosie said and furrowed her brows . Ezekiel smiled abot tenga ang ngiti nito when he heard Rosie calling him Zeki.
" Can you say it again?" Utos ni Ezekiel.
" What?" Rosie was confused.
" The way you call my name. Say it again." Ezekiel said.
" Ang alin? yung Zeki?!! My Zeki!!!" Rosie said in a loud voice. Then Ezekiel pulled her again and hugged her. Rosie's eyes widened. She was still wondering what the hell is going on with Ezekiel.
"I miss you so much!" Ezekiel whispered.
" Miss agad? eh magkasama naman tayo ngayon." Pilosopong sagot ni Rosie.
"I mean I missed the way you calling me in that name!" Ezekiel replied.
" Diba ayaw mong tinatawag kitang My Zeki?!!"
" Because you're so annoying!"
" See! I'm annoying! right!" Rosie said and pushed Ezekiel.
"Yah! you're so annoying that I can't get you out of my mind." Ezekiel said. Rosie was speechless again.
It's getting colder dahil lumalalim na ang gabi sabay ng malamig na simoy ng hangin dahan dahan namang pinasok ni Rosie ang mga kamay nya sa bulsa ng suot suot nyang coat , ng may mahawakan itong parang card Rosie was curious kaya nilabas nya ito she was shocked sa nakita nya. It's her bday invitation card for Ezekiel. She looked at Ezekiel while si Ezekiel naman ay nakatingin sa mga alon ng dagat. Ezekiel noticed that Rosie was looking at him he looked back at her and saw Rosie holding the invitation card. And he remembered that he puts it on his coat's pocket while he's on his way to Rosie's birthday party.
"You found this?" Rosie asked.
" Yes! sa basurahan! Now I wanna ask you bakit mo tinapon ang invitation card na para sakin?" Ezekiel asked and narrowed his eyes.
" It's because, akala ko nga kayo na ni Selene! kaya tinapon ko nalang!"
" Thats all? It's not because of Brian?"

" Are you jealous of Brian? huh?" Rosie crossed her arms.

"Oo! I was mad ng nakita ko yan sa basurahan!"

" At bakit? pupunta ka ba kapag binigay ko sayo to?"

" Miss Rosie Carson! Did you know that I prepared so much for you birthday party even If I was not invited anymore?" Ezekiel retorted.

"So you lied to me when I asked you earlier bakit alam mo kung nasaan ako?"

" Oo! The truth is I really wanted to go to your special day . Kahit di mo na ko gustong makasayaw."
Ezekiel told her without any hesitation he really wanted to show his true feelings for Rosie.
Rosie was teary eyed she was amazed by Ezekiel she never thought nor expected Ezekiel to be like this. She felt guilty for not giving his invitation card to him.

"Then Mr. Ezekiel De Vierra, before my special day ends, Please... I want you to be my first and last dance tonight." Rosie said to Ezekiel.

bago Lumapit si Ezekiel kay Rosie he picked up the peach roses on the table and gave it to her and Ezekiel asked Rosie's hand. After Rosie accepted the peach roses that suits her peach gown,
Rosie put her hands around Ezekiels neck while Ezekiel hands was on her waist, they danced under the moonlight the sound of the waves served as their music it was very romantic and full of love that night. They never thought of anyone else. Tanging silang dalawa lang sa tabi ng dagat. This was a dream come true for Rosie. On the other hand this was a dream come true also for Ezekiel.

" Rosie, I- I love you." Ezekiel said to Rosie.
" I- I love you too.. My Zeki!" Rosie replied.
They looked at each other .
Ezekiel lowered his head and he kissed Rosie on her lips. They kissed and it was so romantic.

" Ezekiel!!!!" unexpectedly someone called Ezekiel.

sabay silang lumingon sa pinanggalingan ng boses.

"Mom?"
it was Elizabeth, Ezekiels mother .

" Let's go home!! Now!!!"