Chapter One

Ben had appeared next to his brother Klaus, having just been summoned by him.

"Ben's been with you and you didn't tell us?" Luther questioned.

"Would you have believed me?" Klaus countered and Luther kept quiet. Diego and Viktor shared a look, they knew they wouldn't have believed Klaus at first until they saw that picture before they left.

He agreed to stay with his brother, not mentioning that he was actually afraid to go into the light.

"Good thing I stayed," Ben said quietly. Lila squeezed his hand with a smile. She was glad he stayed too.

He followed his brother, who also was keeping the real reason why he had summoned Ben a secret. Ben was surprised that his brother had stayed outside, waiting for their siblings and father to enter the building while they stayed out. "Klaus?" Ben questioned, wondering what was wrong with his brother. Was he high? Well, he was holding a joint. Was something going on with his powers? But all Klaus did was go over to a farther away tree that nobody really noticed and climb up. Ben appeared next to his brother on the tree and saw there was a note on one of the branches. "What is that?" Ben asked.

"A note," Klaus replied as if Ben was stupid.

"How did a note get there?!" Allison screeched. Luna and Oliver flinch making their parents glare in Allison's direction. None of the Hargreeves had really been on the other isde of Klaus' glare, but it was a bit scary so Allison sat down.

"Why is there a note in the tree and why do you know where it is?" Ben questioned in disbelief. Klaus didn't answer and simply read the note; he had been sad, but happy there was a note.

'My dear Klausy, I'm sorry about Ben. If I could hug you I would, and just let you mourn, but I know he is with you. I have another task for you, it will have great rewards if my theory is correct. If Ben can still summon the "Beast" make him gain a connection with it. If Ben makes this connection, I will be right outside waiting on our eighteenth birthday. Please imagine Reggie's head on a platter, I know I am.

Love, Cosmina.

P.S. Have another joint for me.'

"How did you sneak in?" Five asked curiously.

"It should come up," Cosmina said quietly. She was still nursing a headache form the time lock, but cuddling with Klaus and their daughter always helped.

Klaus had looked up at Ben, who was still looking at him, waiting for an answer, and looked closer. He could see a second soul, Ben still had the Beast with him.

"What was that?" Diego asked, noticing a glow around Ben's torso on the screen.

"I can see souls. Unfortunately I've seen plenty of pregnant woman as ghosts, and they have a little glow in their abdomen which is their unborn baby. That little glow around Ben's whole torso was "The Beast". It died with him," Klaus explained. His siblings look wide-eyed at the screen, now starting to get an idea what Klaus sees. They now had an idea as to why Klaus is always talking to himself, he couldn't tell who was alive or dead.

Klaus was about to say something before he heard, "Number Four! Inside!" and Klaus went inside, not answering his brother. Ben didn't ask again, but was surprised that Klaus wouldn't talk about the note. He had absolutely refused for Ben to see the note, and Ben didn't know why.

"Possessive," Ben sang. When none of the siblings were looking, Klaus took a shoe and made it float behind Ben's head and whacking him in the head with his shoe. Luna giggled in her mother's lap as a result.