00

--

alex rolled her eyes at the constant pot holes the school bus driver was having a grand old time driving through, causing her to litter her fanfiction with typos. she pressed backspace with her thumb on her phone. now peter parker the spiderman was no longer talking to his "breast" friend but now his "best" friend.

it wasn't helping that the guy sitting next to her was taking up 70% of the seat, bobbing his head to music and scrolling on his phone. she barely knew the dude, but he was popular, had tons of friends and blamed her for taking the seat he wanted in the back of the bus with his friends. once they saw her there, someone they didn't recognize, they headed back to the front until it was full and he was left looking for a free seat. and of course it had to be next to her.

she groaned and finished the sentence she was writing before getting out of the app and pulling out her tiny notebook from her bookbag. she had some ideas for the next chapter and thought it would be best to scribble them down than type. she was better at writing then typing on the bus anyways. its how she even passed sophomore year. definitely not by doing her homework on time.

alex began writing down her thoughts. a web of words she was thinking of. starting with peter in the middle.

what's going to be in his next story arc? should we finally explore his romance with alex?

yes, the love interest in her fanfiction was her own name. it was the only one that spoke to her! but maybe it was finally time for the slow burn she was writing to take affect.

she scribbled down, "romance", "alex". bored, she doodled little hearts. she imagined what their confession scene would look like. she wrote quotes, "you drive me crazy", "i like you", "you complete me". alex grimaced. eww, too cliche.

she turned her pencil over to erase it only to be pushed by the guy next to her in the process. he was slapping his thigh at a video he was watching.

"yo, i can't!" he laughed. he crouched up from his seat and yelled across the moving bus, "yo carlos you saw what i just sent you?"

"i'm looking right now!" carlos reponded back from the front.

alex rolled her eyes.

when the guy finally sat back down, he crushed her arm and hand, seemingly not noticing her arm trapped behind his back.

"um?" she said. she turned to look at him but he wasn't paying attention. he continued bobbing his head to his music and scrolling.

alex awkardly tapped his shoulder with her free hand. he finally looked up, surprised and turned his head to face her. expecting her to be his height, it was only until he looked slightly down when their eyes met.

dang.

he had blonde tousled curls, atop his chiseled face, freckles like stars all over his face, and a charming smile that reached his blue eyes protected by long lashes.

alex! stop thinking like a writer. you locked eyes with a good looking guy. thats it!

he automatically smirked, "what's up?"

"you're on my hand," she explained like it was obvious, using her free hand to point to the trapped one.

he took in every detail of her face as if noticing her for the first time before registering what she had said. he turned behind him. "haha, i had no idea, man. i'm just big." he winked, "in more ways than one."

disgusting.

"of course you had no idea", she sighed as he moved slightly forward, letting her arm escape finally.