04

prying her eyes open she jerked her body upwards, budding heads with someone she least expected to be here. well it wasn't like she knew his name either. damn i need to consult the yearbook to put names to these faces.

"ow!" they both exclaim at the same time and pull apart giving alex full view of his handsome face. he had strawberry blonde hair that fell to one side and thick furrowed eyebrows as he winced from the blow to his head. pouty lips frowned at alex.

"i'm so sorry" alex says breathelessly.

"no i'm sorry i was just trying to help you," he says with a slight chuckle, his frown disappearing. he gets up gracefully with his long limbs and offers a hand to alex.

she gapes at him a little confused as though she's never seen a hand before.

"i guess you don't need help?" he shrugs and chuckles as he takes the hand back and watches as she scrambles to get up.

"no, no i just was confused. i'm sorry," she rushes to say, smoothing down her bob. she glanced to her laptop on the desk she perched it on still playing the cheerleading tutorial. with a quick dash to the computer she shuts her and grabs it before turning back to him with a sheepish smile.

he squints at her in amusement before his face falls in recognition.

"wait you're...alex, right?" he asks, crossing his arms.

said girl raised her brows in surprise. "yeah, are we in the same class together or something or did—" she shuts her eyes in annoyance before smiling with a thin line. "you must have seen peter's instagram, right? that's like the only other way someone would recognize me."

the guy raises his hands in surrender, "you got me. i didn't know it was you at first. are you good, by the way? it looks like you fell or something?" his breaks his eye contact when she meets it.

"nah i just really like dusty floors," alex shrugs shyly.

the towering guy chuckles, "definitely looked like it."

"um, anyways i have to go," alex mutters, "thanks for helping me well—technically i got up by myself but nice to meet you, whoever you are. i have to continuing preparing for cheerleading tryouts."

the guy nods like he understands and steps aside with hands in his pockets so alex can blaze right past him.

"yeah, no problem alex, nice meeting you."

it took three self pep talks, her favorite kpop song, and reading a miguel o'hara imagine on tumblr to get alex to finally get herself to change into her gym clothes. memories from earlier todays gym class faintly presented itself in the stench of sweat and grime. with no other clothing option, she would resort to her large shorts and blocky old t-shirt. alex pretended it didn't hurt her pride to see every other girl or guy trying out dressed in lululemon. but it was too late, her pride had been damaged since 7:17 this morning when what's his face provoked her in the bus.

ugh, she groans. i can't believe im doing this!

her bob is held back by a stretchy headband, putting pressure to her tender head. she took a minute to massage her head though she was sure she was just stalling, preparing for the crowds of teens that would most likely be sitting on the stands. peter is a powerful influencer it seemed, no doubt people would become curious about alex.