02

alex had been spying on him for a full period now, getting the green light to skip a class when she saw carlos who happened to follow her on her finsta was using his free period with his buddy peter to go to the computer lab and do "dumb stuff", as he quoted.

she couldn't care less about her spanish class especially since that was the very few classes she was acing, so missing a class couldn't hurt. especially when she needed to confront peter. the guts to do it came only once she knew he was free. if he was in class, there's no way in hell alex is storming in there like a madwoman. oh no sir, can't add that to the things people are already saying about her.

once alex had successfully made it passed a security guard monitoring the halls, she tip toed inside the seemingly empty computer lab, but by the smell of cheetos and quiet snickering, she could tell the boys were in there.

"you got this alex, you've written confession scenes before. you got this," she whispered to herself.

the plan was ago.

alex stood up straight and power walked towards the guys in the back, her movements going unnoticed by them.

she stopped in front of their computer with a serious face. she darted her eyes between carlos and peter who were focused on the game they were playing.

well this is underwhelming.

alex cleared her throat though everything she had practiced has escaped her mind.

carlos choked on his cheeto while peter abruptly stood up from his chair, knocking down the rest of their snacks to the floor alongside the chunky computer mouse they were using to make a smiley face on papa's pizzeria.

"sh*t!" carlos groaned at the snacks on the floor. "aw man."

alex couldn't help feeling guilty. she quickly brushed it off and watched as peter finally laid eyes on her.

he smirked.

alex internally groaned.

"hey...you," peter started with a sheepish grin.

"you still don't know my name?" alex rolled her eyes an accusing expression. 

"i can call you something else if you'd like?" peter wiggled his brows.

is he serious right now?

"it's alex velez," she said crossing her arms.

peter feigned a hurt expression and placed a hand over his heart. he gestured to carlos who was picking up the mess, to pay attention.

"carlos see what i'm talking about? the attitude? and she swears she likes me," peter tsked, studying alex's face.

carlos snickered as though alex wasn't right there.

alex attempted to hide her annoyed expression. his eyes on her, making her fidget with the sleeves of her sweater.

"right," alex gave him a tight-lipped smile. " about that, im actually here to talk to you."

"i swear she cannot get enough of me," peter grins. "this is perfect actually."

"i'm leaving," carlos announced, taking what he could. "it's getting hot in here," carlos joked, passing by alex and winking before racing towards the exit.

what is up with these guys and winking?

"what's up, alex?" peter asked crossing his arms, mimicking her.

alex did her best to compose herself but she couldn't help shouting now that they were alone.

"WHY would you post a picture of me, without my permission on instagram and tell everyone that i confessed to you?!"