Introduction

"However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light."

A werewolf is a mythical immortal creature with the ability to shape shift into a wolf hybrid, either put under a curse or was harassed (e.x. bitten or scratched from another wolf). Werewolves have been a myth folk tale for hundreds of years, as they are portrayed as horrible life threatening monsters. Well, if those are the ones you're talking about, then yes they are fake.

We are werewolves. Or shifters.  But you'd be surprised of how much you don't know about us. We aren't exactly monsters, unless you count those who abuses our power, but no. We are humans. We've been born with a gene, and our parents and their parents and their parents before. And with that gene, we have the ability to inhabit another entity. That entity is called the wolf spirit. So, we can shape shift into a wolf. You see, we have our own little religion. Moon-goddess is the one who gave the wolf spirit life and that life would be us. Without us, it would go instinct. But sometimes it's not like that, not everyone gets their wolf spirit. It's weird, I know.

We've had a problem for centuries, it's the humans without the special gene. People tried to hunt us down, kill us because they thought we were a threat. So, we adapted. We created this great Council that would help us reason with the humans. Just like the human government, we engaged with each other to form two separate governments and then created the different branches. Since there were Packs/Communities already, the Council maintained them. But like every government, there's rebels and criminals. We call them rouges because they don't belong in any Pack.

It's a lot to take in. It can be really confusing sometimes; especially for us because we don't know what to expect. We are just like you, but a different version.

My name is August Barrows, and we are the werewolves.