Chapter eleven: Mission Successful

Cynthia's P.O.V

I limped toward the school, wincing each step. My breathing got heavy as I finally managed to enter my class. "You look terrible" said MJ, worriedly. "I'm fine" I said, still wincing as I sat down in my desk next to her.

This morning I had gotten a small beating, reopening all my wounds. God I wish I had super healing. I mean I do... I do heal faster than an average human but... at this rate, it could take weeks. I tried my best to cover everything with my make up. Unfortunately you can't use makeup to cover up your actions.

"I don't know, you should go to nurses office, Thia " joined in Ned who sat in front of MJ. "I'm fine guys. Where's Peter?" just as I said that, Peter came running in. "Am I late?" he asked as he sat in front of me. "Nah dude. Right on time" Replied Ned as the two did a weird yet cool hand shake. "What time did you go to bed?" asked MJ, raising an eye brow. "Um..." Peter started to fidget with his hands in said "look I had that thing I needed to do last night ok. Ned, I could of had some help! I mean you supposed to be my Man in the Chair!"

"What thing? A class project? And what do you mean by 'Man in the Chair'" I asked "er, um... yeah. Ned and I have a class project we need to work on for um... Biology. He's the uh... t-the-my Man in the Chair! You know! The guy who does everything on the computer cause he knows how the use a computer! Yeah! and I am... terrible at using a computer. You know how I am; always breaking the screen and all..." "ahh" I say, not believing him. I let it slide though just as the teacher for math walked in.

I never liked math class. It's not that I'm bad at math. I was the top of my class next to Peter. No, it was the fact that it was too easy. Even a grade above I could still do school in my sleep. But I didn't want to say that. I was already a grade above. I didn't want to be that freak with grades above. I already, finally had friends.

Class ended for what felt like a hundred hours later. "You guys go ahead" Peter said as the four of us left the classroom. "I want to talk with Cynthia for a sec."

"What's up?" I ask after MJ and Ned leave. "I want to talk about yesterday. I sigh, starting to turn around when Peter grabbed my arm. I flinched at his touch and Peter quickly lets go of me. "S-sorry." He apologized.

"Look... just forget what happened. I'm sorry for scaring you. I shouldn't of yelled or anything. I'm sorry." "There's no need to apologize! You can't control if you have a nightmare or not! Hell, I have a nightmare every other night. I just need to know if your ok. A nightmare like that, screaming and crying... what did you mean by don't take me away from him?"

I froze. "Peter. I need to go" I said coldly. "S-sorry" Peter apologized again. I sighed. "Look. Peter. I'm sorry ok. My life has been... Complicated." There was silence as we slowly walked toward our next class.

"You know you can always tell me anything right? I'm always here for you" I smiled, looking down. Finally I looked up and stared into Peters eyes. "Your very sweet Petey. But you have nothing to worry about." Peter smiled back at me and was about to open his mouth when

"Cynthia!" We turned around and see Flash running toward us. Peter steps back toward the wall just as Flash took his place. "Look I'm really sorry about last time. I didn't mean to throw the water on you-" "You meant to throw it on Peter. I know. You told me" "that's not-I didn't mean-look I just want apologize. My birthday is in a few days and I'm having a party. I'd like you to be there. Please?"

I stared at him before asking "shouldn't you also invite the person in which the intended target was supposed to get drenched?"

Flash sighed looking like he was deciding whether or not to invite Peter when he turned to Peter and asked him, forcing himself to say " would you... Parker... Like. To. Go. To. T-the. The. Would you like. Parkeryourinvitedtogotomybirthdayparty."