Chapter 25: Elsie

I hiss as the tender skin where the belt hits makes contact with the hot water of the tub, standing back up and leaning on the edge.

"Baby, I promise it will feel better once you're in. Come here." Lucifer says, opening his arms for a hug.

I frown a little but slowly sink in. I bite my lip hard, the tender skin on my ass and breasts stinging like hell. My hands ball into fists but after a few seconds, the relaxing warmth soothing my sore muscles drowns everything else.

Tim patiently looks at me from the other end of the huge tub, his eyes roaming over my body possessively. As soon as I make a move to join him, he grabs me, settling me on his lap. His arms circle my waist, his thumbs gently rubbing the skin on my hip.

I turn around, straddling him and hiding my face in his neck.

"Sunnish." I hear the smile in his voice, as he pets my hair. "Everything alright? Words."

"Everything alright." I croak out, nodding. I feel calm in his arms, I could sleep right now.

"I'm glad." He answers, kissing the top of my head. The movement causes my nipple to rub against his chest and makes me cry out. He grabs my waist and puts some space between us, looking into my eyes. "I still have to wash you, though. It won't be very practical in this position."

I shake my head. "I can wash myself. I will do it." I put my arms around his neck, frowning. "Just cuddle for now, please."

His eyes narrow and he grabs my ass tenderly. I still gasp in pain. "I will wash you. Not debatable." He adds when I'm about to protest. I set my head on his shoulder, pouting.

"You protest everytime. What's the problem?" His hand rests on my head, petting gently. "Why won't you let me take care of you?"

I furrow my brows. "I don't know. It's just that... i-it's not necessary. There is no need for you to bother yourself with that, I can do it myself."

I feel a light tap on my cheek. "Sunnish, look at me."

I shake my head. "No."

"Elsie." The warning in his tone would have been enough to make me yield, even if he hadn't used my name.

I meet his gray eyes, fighting the shyness under his scrutinizing gaze.

His hands cup my face. "I know you have difficulty relying on me — I thought that was why you always protested — but I have no idea what made you think the aftercare is an inconvenience. It's the opposite." He pauses, weighing his words. "I like having control over what's mine — probably the reason I'm a dom." He kisses me softly, the minty taste of toothpaste still on my tongue. "That involves watching you writhe under me and tearing sweet moans out of you, as much as it includes soothing your little body after. Washing you, brushing your hair, feeding you. It doesn't matter. You're mine. My Sunnish. Taking care of you is my pleasure, not an inconvenience. Never an inconvenience. Do you understand?"

His words make my heart beat a bit faster. That's until I realize he's not wrong about one part and sadness washes over me. Taking a step back, it's obvious; I have difficulty relying on not just him, but anyone but myself.

I perfectly know the cause of the problem and the fact that those evil people still got to me despite my efforts, the fact that I let them damage me like that, sends me into a somber mood.

I swallow the lump in my throat and snuggle into Timothy, immediately feeling better and cursing myself for being so sensitive.

"Sunnish?"

I humm, not answering the question he asked on purpose. His words replay in my head, engulfing me in warmth. Tearing sweet moans out of–

I yawn. "Tell me your bedroom is soundproof, please."