Part 3: Guilt

(Before the story starts I wanted to say I'm going to switch to Povs)

Tengen
"Shit"...I mumbled to myself as I was carrying Rengoku in my arms. How could I let this happen..? I felt useless in this fight, as if I were only slowing him down. Don't even get me started with how Rengoku protected everybody, while with me I couldn't save almost anybody.

Later on, I'm now close to the Butterfly Mansion. As I burst through the gates holding the Flame hashira in my arms, I yell for the Insect Hashira, Shinobu Kocho. "KOCHO!"
I cry as I burst through the door. She comes running to me, with a surprised look on her face. "What happ-" I cut her off by yelling "CMON, GET HIM ATTENTION NOW! WE CANT WASTE TIME WITH HIM!"

Later on, I sat on a chair by Rengokus bed as I was holding his hand, and moving my thumb around his knuckles. Kocho had bandaged him up, and he was in a coma. I was fixed up too, but I still felt guilty. All of these machines and bandages on him...it just didn't seem right. He's the most flashy person I knew, and seeing him like this..I just...it didn't feel right. I should've been the person in this position. I felt out of every person, I deserved this.

Kocho eventually forced me to go home, but damn I stayed there for a long time. By the time I got home, my three wives, Hinatsuru, Makio, and Suma were making dinner in the kitchen.

"What took you so long?" Suma asked, on the verge of tears. "Hey, that's rude! He probably had a mission!" Makio whisper-yelled at Suma. "Rengoku...he uh..we battled together..." I was then cut off by Suma. "Lord Tengen are you okay?! Are you hurt?! DID YOU ALMOST DIE?!" "I'm okay, just a couple of broken bones. Nothing compared to Rengoku. He got many injuries, including losing an eye." I announced his condition as I took my shoes off and gave each wife a pat on the head as I headed to our room to change out of my uniform.

I decided to take out my ponytail, letting my flashy silver hair down. I took off my uniform and accessories, and put on one of my many flashy yukatas. I ate dinner that night, and went to bed with my wives. Although I was with them, everything still felt a bit...empty without Rengoku. I miss him already, really.

I hope you guys enjoyed!!