Part 6: Homecoming

Okay so like some cursing and bad gay words🤯🤯🤯 ALSO THE FANART AAAAAAA

"Alright, we're almost there," Uzui told Rengoku from behind the wheelchair.
"I hope Senjuro is okay, I mean with me being away so long, my father- I mean...never mind."

Uzui looked down at Rengoku in confusion.
"Your father?"
"No, no, never mind."
Uzui shrugged. He read the other man's cues and decided to drop the subject.

Since it was spring, the sakura trees were in bloom. The petals were falling gracefully to the ground. One full flower fell into Uzui's palm, and that gave him an idea. He leaned forward to the wheelchair, close to Rengoku's face, and extended his hand out to Rengoku.
"Here, for you."
Uzui had a small grin on his face, with his lips closed.
"Flashy, isn't it?"
"Yes, thank you..!"
Rengoku had a pleasant smile on his face as well, as his face started to heat up. He turned his head back forward in embarrassment.
"Oh, also," Rengoku added
"You can call me Kyojuro. It'll be easier around Senjuro."

Uzui nodded in agreement.
"Kyojuro...I like that. Along with that, you can call me Tengen."
"Yes! I will, Tengen!"
The two of them both of them continued until they were at the Rengoku residence.

Tengen wheeled in Kyojuro's wheelchair and picked him up bridal style.
"Huh, I can walk a little!" Kyojuro protested
"Kocho's orders." Tengen responded
Kyojuro sighed and eventually gave up. Then, there were footsteps running into the room where Kyojuro was sitting on a cushion by a table.

"Brother!" Senjuro cried
Kyojuro and his younger brother embraced each other in a long hug.
"I thought you weren't coming back this time!" Senjuro sniffed "You scared me Kyo, you scared me!"
"It's okay, it's okay."
Kyojuro comforted his brother.
"But your eye?"
"I'm okay, please don't worry!" Kyojuro reassured Senjuro.

Tengen couldn't help but smile at the sight. Although his relationship with his brothers was...different to say the least. He was happy to see his best buddy and his brother reunited but in a way, he felt guilty and saddened.

15 minutes later...

As the three were sitting on the tatami mat together, chatting about recent events with tea, the front door slid open.
"Who's that?" Tengen asked
Both Kyojuro and Senjuro sighed quietly as the man stumbled over to the three, drinking sake.
"Our father, Shinjuro Rengo-" Senjuro was cut off by his father slapping the side of his face.

"Fuck are ya doin'?" Shinjuro drunkenly scolded the boy.
"Father, stop!" Kyojuro protested.
Shinjuro looked at his eldest son and scoffed.
"How do you let a fuckin' demon still live? You live, yet you still somehow are a disappointment and a shitty excuse for a son!"

"Father,-"
"I'm sorry, what?" Kyojuro was interjected by Tengen.
"Hey, what're ya doing in my house, eh?!" Shinjuro questioned the man but then looked at Tengen's appearance. The makeup on his eye, the painted nails, the headband with gems.
"Hey I've heard of you people-no, you faggots."

Shinjuro walked up to Tengen and pushed him against the wall.
"What do you want to do with my son?!" Shinjuro demanded an answer
"And who are you?!"

"I am a hashira, and former shinobi you dumbass." Tengen got away from Shinjuro's grip.
"Also Kyojuro here fended off an UPPER RANK THREE DEMON in a flashy way and NOBODY died while you were DRINKING AND SHITTING IN THIS HOUSE. So don't go making excuses about how he's the 'disappointment'!" Tengen yelled at him.
"And why would I trust a fucking fag and shitty 'hashira?" Shinjuro responded.

Ty for reading pookies‼️‼️😜