Part 5: Awakening

AAHHHHH LOOK AT THE OFFICIAL HALLOWEEN ART‼️‼️

Uzui was sitting by Rengoku's side. He held his hand as he stared at him, and Uzui was terrified. There's no certainty Rengoku could wake up, it had been 1 week since the battle. The sound pillar had been miserable without his best friend for this long. Yeah, he'd been away from him for longer, but this was... different. As Uzui was about to get up after staying the whole day, he felt something. He felt a twitch in Rengoku's finger. He then squeezed his hand.
"Rengoku..?!"
He got closer to him, waiting for him to wake up.
"Rengoku, cmon wake up!"
Then, his flame colored eyes fluttered open.

"Rengoku!" Uzui yelled as he tightly hugged him, very suddenly. Rengoku was still confused and disoriented.
"Wat-" Rengoku then started coughing.
Uzui grabbed the cup of water on the nightstand and helped the other man drink. When the fiery-haired man finished drinking, he took a second to process what was happening, and his eyes widened.

"Akaza!" He yelled.
"Where is he?! You killed him- or I did, yes?!"
Uzui grabbed his arm and sighed.
"No, no...he got away. But we- I should say you protected all 200 passengers."
There was a moment of silence, eventually Rengoku started to speak again.
"I let an upper rank get away."
"It's not your fault, it's mine."
"He'll kill more people, countless more!"
Rengoku took off the sheets covering himself on the bed.
"I need to set an end to him."
He tried to get up, but was still weak. He started to fall to the floor, but Uzui caught him.
"No. You need to rest. Plus, your eye..not in the best condition."
Uzui put a mirror infront of Rengoku.
"I appreciate your concern but I still have another!"
He then tried to get up again, and held onto the wall.

All of the sudden, Aoi opened the door with some food on a tray.
"Please be more quiet Mr. Uzui, there's others trying to rest, and I-"
"Hello Ms. Aoi!"
Rengoku greeted the girl loudly.
"Huh?? You, and-you have to tell me or Kocho when this stuff happens!"
Aoi sternly stated.
"He just kinda did that, but it was flashy!"
Uzui yelled back.
"Please stop fighting, I need to make sure Senjuro is okay!"
Rengoku interjected over the two.

The two nodded in agreement. Over the course of the day, Kocho had come to check up on Rengoku. By noon, he was out of the Butterfly Mansion, but still had to be in a wheelchair until he grew a bit stronger for the time being. Uzui and Rengoku were then on their way to the Rengoku household.