Part 4: You'll Wake Up, I Know You Will

Enjoy pookies‼️🤭

Third Person POV
The Sound Hashira's eyes fluttered open as the sun shined in his face through the window. As he woke up and looked around, he noticed his wives were still sleeping beside him.

Uzui felt a sense of urgency. He knew he had to see Rengoku again. 'Who knows? Maybe he's awake right this second' the man thought to himself. So, Uzui got right out of bed and got ready. He decided to put his hair up in a ponytail and placed his headpiece on. He looked in the mirror and decided to keep his hair down today. If Rengoku was awake, Uzui would have to look as flashy as possible for his best friend.

The man left a note for his wives, telling them where he was going, and then set off. He tried to run insanely fast like he usually did, but due to his injuries, he couldn't. But Uzui still knew he had to get there as fast as possible. He really wanted to see Rengoku.

Later at the Butterfly Mansion...

Uzui slammed the sliding door open and started to walk in as he quickly slid his sandals off his feet. He ran to Rengoku's room silently and opened the door.

What was he thinking? Of course, Rengoku was still in a coma. It'd only been a day...but he knew Rengoku. He wouldn't give up, and he'd recover and wake up as quickly as possible to return to his duties. That was the man Uzui knew.

Uzui walked over to the bed and sat down on a stool near the bed.
"Hey, man."
Uzui spoke to Rengoku as he picked up his hand. He looked the beat up. His right eye covered in bandages. Uzui had many broken bones, but no lost limbs or anything.

"I uh..don't really know what to say in these types of situations...I guess you know that by now, heh."
The man awkwardly chuckled to himself.
"I'll try to stay with you for as long as possible, until the little insect-"
He stopped himself, rethinking his words.
"No, Kocho. What am I saying..? She saved your life, while I...couldn't do anything to help to save you."

Uzui dropped his head down low in guilt.
"You're always superior to me in that way, saving people, yknow.."
There was a moment of silence. The sound hashira moved a strand of Rengoku's hair off his face, and held his hand tighter.
"But you'll wake up, I know you will."

After that, Uzui stayed the whole day, just talking to Rengoku.

I hope you guys enjoyed!! I'll probably start adding to this story more frequently.