Chapter Four

Y/n groaned as she looked at the time. Exam periods were simply too dreading. Her room was full of piles of worksheets and books and she was beginning to lose motivation.

"I need some water," Y/n stumbled out of her room, trying her best not to step on any worksheets.

She stretched her back as she waited for her water bottle to fill up.

"Wow looks like you're really tired," Y/n shrieked as she heard someone say from behind.

"Kim Minji. What the heck are you doing in my house. How did you even get in?" Y/n breathed in deeply, trying to calm her heart that was racing.

Minji laughed, "Let's just say your good friend Danielle told me about some stuffs. And yeah I know your password," Y/n was perplexed.

What?

But then she realised something.

Oh. Oh. Danielle you bi-

"Aw Danielle the angel? What could she have possibly told you?" Y/n said, planning Danielle's death in her mind.

"She got drunk and she said, Oh! Poor y/n my baby girl is so whipped for Haerini yet Haerini is as blind as a ba- and then she fell asleep," Y/n smacked her head.

Y/n sighed, remembering how Danielle and Hyein even got to know about this secret crush she had.

She had never planned for anyone to find out this little secret of hers. It just so coincidentally that Danielle manage to connect the dots. It was a year ago when Haerin was having her dance performance and Y/n decided to get her flowers.

Being clueless about flowers, she asked Danielle what type of flowers she would give to someone important to her, someone she liked a lot. Danielle told her roses or tulips and thus she got Haerin tulips.

Unfortunately, Danielle found out about Haerin receiving tulips from Y/n and she connected the dots.

But, I must say, that was very stupid of me, to even ask her that. I should've just asked chat gpt.

Hyein found out when she accidentally walked in on Y/n crying after she had a fight with Haerin. She was too overwhelmed with feelings to contain anymore secrets, and Hyein too found out about it.

"And I think Danielle is delusional. You know how she is, light drinker. Nothing she says makes sense," Y/n shurgged it off, trying to keep her cool down.

Minji walked closer towards Y/n until their faces were a few centimetres away from each other, "You're biting your lip. You're lying!" Y/n realised what Minji said was true and shook her head frantically.

"No! I'm not! I do not like Haerin," Her voice mixed with anxiety and hope that Minji would just stop going after the truth. She didn't need another one of her friends knowing about her secret crush.

Minji grabbed her hand, "Aha! Sweaty palms. That only happens when you get nervous. Why? Are you nervous now?" Y/n threw a nasty look at Minji as she admitted defeat.

"So what? You got me. What do you plan to do, tell her?" If Y/n could, she would run straight to Danielle right now and throw her into a fountain.

Minji shrugged her shoulder, "I guess...help you?"

"Um...no? She doesn't even have feelings for me. I don't want to ruin our friendship," Y/n sighed knowing that bestfriends to lovers plot never ended up good in most books and movies.

Minji raised an eyebrow. She was so sure that the cat-eyed girl very much felt the same about Y/n.

Everytime Y/n was with her, she would be so excited and jumpy. And when she wasn't, Haerin would be pouty and asking about where Y/n was.

There was also something that happened that confirmed Minji's suspicions. Y/n's birthday present. Even though Haerin never mentioned it to the rest, Haerin secretly planned a whole picnic date for Y/n. She even booked an entire garden just for her. Unfortunately, Y/n fell down a day before her birthday and was on crutches. Haerin didn't want to make Y/n walk around with injured feet so she cancelled her entire plan.

Only Minji knew about it because Haerin wanted to ask Minji about what Y/n would like in gardens.

"Well are you in it or what?"

Y/n sighed and agreed.

Operation: Get Haerin is on.

A/N:
Happy new year! I'm back from the dead...