Arranged // ❤️‍🩹

Word Count -->  8,555 words
Song for this chapter --> SPIT IN MY FACE by ThxSoMch
Requested by --> Sleepy-Quokka143
Content Warnings -->  Description and talk of Lightning storms. Talk of child abuse.

{♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡}

૮ ˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶ ა

The cold wind on his face is a blessing as the carriage takes Jisung away from his family and toward the palace on the hill.

He wills himself not to cry as the streets become unfamiliar and the buildings larger. This will help his family. If they can get a better life because of him, isn't it his duty to try?

The boy does realise, however, that he'll have to do a lot more than try. There's no going home when you've been sold to the royal family. He just keeps telling himself that he'll have to get used to a life of servitude.

He had suspected his family had sold him for about a week before they told him. While he may be the youngest in the family, that doesn't make him less intelligent than his elder sisters.

While doing his morning chores, he had spotted the castle guard who was watching him closely, as if he was monitoring him. Either someone reported him as a traitor to the crown, or his family had become that desperate.

When he wasn't arrested, he assumed the latter. Now, one thing notable about the Han family is that they aren't poor. As merchants, his parents are pretty well off. The problem lies within the expensive tastes of his sisters, and his father's inability to say no to them.

Therefore, to accommodate his daughters, Mr. Han has sent his only son away. Jisung scoffs to himself, wondering just how much they got for him. He's sure it'll be spent immediately, and most likely on some frilly dress or the newest perfume.

But, as he keeps telling himself, it's his duty to do anything for his family. At least, that's what his father said before he had left this morning.

Jisung is pulled out of his thoughts as the carriage stops for a moment. He takes in his surroundings and it's with a feeling of dread that he realises they are about to enter the palace grounds.

He brings his head fully back into the carriage, thankful that the guard sent to get him hasn't talked to him the whole way. The older male just sits across from the boy silently. Jisung wonders if he joined the guard for his family.

It doesn't take long for them to reach the front of the palace once they make it through the gate. Jisung marvels at the beauty of the building, not having seen anything quite like it, despite having lived in the nicer part of town.

When the carriage stops, the guard gets out, holding a hand out silently as an offer to help the boy out. Jisung accepts, not wanting to immediately make a fool out of himself by falling.

"Thank you." He says with a small smile once he's on solid ground. The guard just nods quickly, turning to lead the way through what Jisung assumes is the servant's entrance.

Immediately, the young boy feels completely disoriented. He follows the guard through a maze of hallways, glad when they finally come to a halt. The guard opens a door at the end of the hallway, leading Jisung into it and closing the door behind them.

The boy is in awe as he's met with a gorgeous living room, the cream coloured walls accented with flecks of gold. The carpet is a deep red, and Jisung swears that it looks so comfortable, he could take a nap on it.

"This is where you'll be staying. The washroom is to your left there. I will wait here for you to wash and change into the clothes laid out. Then we will meet with the king."