Chapter 1

I walk around my room, pacing back and forth. Today was my first day of my senior year. At a new school. 

Alright summer, it's just a new school. No need to be all nervous. I thought to myself, trying to shake the nervous feeling in my stomach.

"Summer! Come get breakfast before you leave!" I hear my mom yell from downstairs. "Coming!" I yell. Gosh summer, you haven't even gotten dressed yet. I thought as I ran downstairs and saw my sister, Elle sitting with our mom.

"Hurry and eat so you can get ready." Elle says, before stuffing her face with pancakes. 

I finished eating and headed back upstairs to change before I left, It was August so it was basically still summer. Which was kinda weird, considering that my name was summer.

 Which was kinda weird, considering that my name was summer

I changed into this and put my hair in a braid. I breathed in and out before grabbing my bag and heading out to the living room, Elle was waiting for me. 

I grab my keys and head out of the house with Elle following me and getting into the passenger side of my car.

When we finally arrive at the school, we go our separate ways. I walk through the halls and notice that everyone's eyes are on me. 

Great summer, nice going with trying to be invisible. I thought as I walked to the front office, "Hi, I'm here for my schedule." I say to the front office lady. 

"Hi sweetie, can I get your name?" She asks, "Booker, Summer Booker." I say nervously. 

She hands me a paper and looks at me with a look that says 'Good luck'. 

I smile at her and start heading to my first class which was.. Geometry?! Oh no, I suck at geometry. I'm so going to fail this class.

Once I reached the class, I could feel everyone staring at me again. It wasn't even needed, I thought as I sat down in the back. I was just a new stu.. my mind wandered off when I saw a boy walk in late. 

"Mr. Stevens. I've already told you the next time you are late, you have detention." The boy rolls his eyes and starts examining the class, probably for a seat. 

I watched as girls practically fell out of their seats begging the boy to sit next to him. The boy passed them and reached me, Great.

"Hey new girl, this seat taken?" He asks, gesturing to the seat with my bag on it. I roll my eyes, "Yup." He smirks, "By who?" 

"My bag, duh." I say, emphasize on 'bag'. He chuckles, when I finally move my bag for him to sit. The teacher starts her lesson and I notice that almost everyone was falling asleep.

I grab my notebook and start drawing a lake and some trees.

"Psst!" I hear the boy say as he whispers to me, "What do you want?" I whisper back, annoyed as he makes me pause on my drawing.

"What's your name new girl?" He whispers-asks. "Summer. You?" I ask him, keeping my head down so the teacher doesn't notice us talking.

"Well Sunshine, the name is Luke." I blush slightly at his nickname for me, I turn my head and he chuckles.

He grabs my chin and makes me turn to him, I blush again. "How about you sit with me and my crew at lunch, Sunshine." 

I muttered 'Yeah, whatever' before turning to my notebook while blush continued to spread against my cheeks.

After the bell rings, I start walking to my locker. "Hey Sunshine!" Luke calls from behind me, I turn around and smile. 

"Hi, can I help you?" I say sweetly seeing two girls and two boys behind Luke.

"Just wanted you to meet my crew before you sat with us at lunch." He says, I look at one of the girls. 

She looked familiar and her eyes looked at me as if she thought I was familiar as well, one of the boys comes up and gives me a fist bump, "Jackson. Nice to meet you Sunshine." 

After that, the rest except one girl came up to me and gave me high fives or shakes or fist bumps. It took me a while to register the names they told me, one of the girls was Amelia. The second boy was Elijah.

The one girl came up to me and gave me a hug, I thought it was weird but I accepted it anyway, I gasped when she whispered something to me. "Hey Ice."