1

The camera flickered to life, capturing the seven friends squeezed into a worn-out van, along with their film equipment and camping gear. Aria, sitting in the passenger seat, looked deadly serious, her piercing green eyes focused on the road ahead.

"Alright, guys, this is it," she said, her tone commanding. "Our journey into the unknown begins now."

Joey, the goofball of the group, chimed in with a grin. "Yeah, and by 'unknown,' she means this cursed forest we're headed to. Who's ready to get spooked?"

Aria rolled her eyes but couldn't suppress a smirk. She and Joey were as different as night and day, but they had an unbreakable bond as siblings.

Sophia, sitting in the back, turned the camera to herself with an excited squeal. "Oh my gosh, I'm like, soooo ready to be in a real horror movie, guys! This is, like, my dream come true!"

Aria and Sophia were best friends, despite Sophia's ditzy nature. They'd been inseparable since kindergarten, and Aria knew she could always count on her, even if she occasionally drove her crazy.

Joey leaned toward Sophia, his eyes twinkling with mischief. "Soph, you're gonna be our scream queen, right? Show us that, like, award-winning scream."

Sophia laughed, her blonde hair shimmering. "Totally, Joey! I've been practicing!"

Wyatt, sitting quietly in the back, his nose buried in a book about extraterrestrial life, finally looked up. He had a secret crush on Sophia, one he'd never admit. "I hope you all know that in space, no one can hear you scream."

Kaleb, next to Wyatt, appeared unimpressed. His annoyance with his friends was palpable, but he couldn't help but crack a smile when Wyatt made his nerdy comments. "Can we focus, please? We're not even in the woods yet, and you're already spouting space facts."

Savannah, sitting beside Ethan, shot a withering glare at Kaleb. She had a knack for being mean to everyone, yet they all knew it was just her way of showing affection. "Kaleb, stop being such a buzzkill. This is gonna be epic!"

Ethan, the flirt of the group, leaned closer to Savannah, flashing a charming smile. "She's right, Kaleb. Relax, enjoy the ride, and maybe you'll even have some fun."

The van rumbled along the winding road, taking them farther from civilization and deeper into the unknown. The friends chatted, bickered, and teased one another, their camaraderie a bond that couldn't be broken. The camera captured every moment, the anticipation of their adventure building with every mile.