15

The morning sun began to pierce through the twisted branches of the sinister forest, casting a feeble light upon the campsite. The night had been restless for the group, weighed down by their fears and the unspoken horrors they had witnessed. The search for Savannah remained unresolved, and the memories of Kaleb's brutal fate continued to haunt them.

Joey, his sleepless night filled with a growing sense of bitterness and frustration, woke up with a heavy heart. The events of the past days had taken a toll on him, and he felt a simmering anger that threatened to consume him. He couldn't shake the feeling that Ethan was to blame for everything that had gone wrong.

As the others began to stir, Joey voiced his frustration, his voice tinged with resentment. "I can't do this anymore. This search for Savannah is pointless. She's gone, just like Kaleb, and it's all because of Ethan."

Ethan, his own guilt weighing heavily on him, couldn't muster a response. He understood the blame being placed on him, but he had his own demons to contend with.

Sophia, who had overheard Joey's accusations, felt a surge of anger and disappointment. She had seen the best and worst sides of her friends in this nightmare, and now, the fractures in their relationships were becoming too apparent to ignore.

Her voice quivered with a mix of frustration and sadness as she addressed Joey. "Joey, this isn't the time for blame. We're all in this together, and we need to stick together. Blaming Ethan won't bring Kaleb or Savannah back."

Joey, his anger unrelenting, turned to Sophia with a bitter tone. "You know what, Sophia? Maybe everything between us was just a mistake. Maybe I should have never thought there was something more."

Sophia, her eyes filled with tears, felt her own frustration boil over. "You're right, Joey. It was a mistake, and I'm not going to let our friendship fall apart over this. I won't go for my best friend's brother, especially now."

With that, she turned away from Joey, her resolve firm. The rift in their group had grown wider, and the shadows of the sinister forest seemed to mirror the darkness that had taken hold of their relationships.