11

In the depths of the sinister forest, amid the gnarled trees and shadows that concealed its mysteries, Ethan's life hung by a thread. His desperate attempt to end his suffering had been thwarted just in time by his friends. As they cut him down from the gnarled tree, his body fell limp into their arms.

Aria, her hands trembling with a mixture of fear and relief, checked Ethan's pulse. It was weak, but it was there. She turned to the others, her voice trembling as she gave them the news. "He's still alive, but he's in bad shape. We need to give him help."

Joey, his face ashen with shock, took a shaky breath. "I can't believe you, Ethan, we have to get out. You can't just try and end it!"

Sophia, tears streaming down her face, reached out to hold Ethan's hand, her voice choked with emotion. "We're here for you, Ethan. Please, don't ever do something like that again."

Wyatt, who had been a silent witness to their harrowing ordeal, nodded in agreement. "We need to stick together and find a way out of here. This forest is messing with our heads, and we can't let it win."

As the group tended to Ethan's immediate needs, they couldn't escape the harsh reality that they were trapped in a nightmarish wilderness, their friends still missing, and the sinister red people lurking in the shadows.

Ethan, his despair temporarily abated, was left to wrestle with the darkness that had driven him to the brink. The forest had become a twisted reflection of their deepest fears and insecurities, and it seemed determined to tear them apart.