14

The night had settled over the sinister forest, casting a shroud of darkness upon their troubled camp. As Sophia continued to tend to Ethan's injuries, a palpable sense of vulnerability hung in the air. The group, united by the horrors they had faced, found themselves seeking solace in each other's presence.

Sophia gently applied ointment to the rope burn around Ethan's neck. Her touch was tender, her fingers moving with delicate care. 

Ethan, his pain subsiding in the face of her compassionate care, looked up at her with gratitude in his eyes. Her kindness and the bond they had formed in this nightmarish wilderness were a source of comfort he couldn't ignore.

With a warm smile, Sophia leaned in and planted a gentle kiss on Ethan's cheek. His heart skipped a beat, and a faint blush colored his cheeks as he felt her lips against his skin.

Ethan smiled, his gaze meeting hers as he whispered softly, "Thank you, Sophia."

Her fingers trailed through his ginger hair, a comforting gesture that held a hint of something more. The night, with its ominous shadows and unspoken fears, seemed to fade into the background as they shared a moment of connection.

But little did they know, their moment of intimacy had not gone unnoticed. Joey, who had been watching the exchange with a growing sense of jealousy, felt a pang of longing and regret in his heart. He had seen the sparks between Sophia and Ethan, and it stung to see them grow closer in this dark and uncertain time.