|| Part 15 ||

Author's note:

Again, I'm sorry for being very unreliable with my timing. Thank you all so much for the support. Not sure if I'll do much more spicy stuff, but uhh... lmk how you feel about that. I hope you like this lol.

~

Dottore's laboratory was cold, as usual. Aether could have stared around at the strange instruments and the rest of dark environment, but he found himself focused solely on the chair and headset that had been set up for him. He felt as if he had been in this situation more than once before.

Dottore busied himself with setting up the equipment for the Traveler. Scaramouche was walking around, for some reason. Dottore looked up at Aether.

"Take a seat, Traveler," he invited, standing up straight beside the chair.

Aether walked over and sat down as the Doctor set up the device above his head. He had changed it. It fit better around his skull, and it's wires were less excessive. Aether kept his eyes on the Harbingers in the room with him, his hands tensing.

"We're going to go a bit further back," Dottore said to himself if anyone, looking at the headset instead of him. Then, he met Aether's eyes, inches away. Well, it seemed like it. Dottore's mask was still on. "Relax. Clear your mind... but not too much."

Dottore stood up straighter with that same grin. He crossed over and went to some monitor as Aether struggled to keep looking at him, too far for his eyes to reach without them hurting. Scaramouche looked over from across the room.

"Just relax," Dottore repeated, attempting a soothing tone. It only added to Aether's discomfort.

"How long is this going to take?" Scaramouche asked with a drawl, crossing his arms as he walked closer.

"Not too long," Dottore answered helpfully.

"Wonderful," Scaramouche mumbled.

Aether shut his eyes as his consciousness slipped away, a faint ringing in his ears.

~

Aether held his sword at his side, glancing back at La Signora.

She had fallen to the ground, her flames giving out as he held a hand to her heart. The room began to cool down again, but Aether's heart was still racing. Sweat lined his forehead, his hair a mess. He was sure his burns, from both fire and ice, would last a while. Aether watched as his opponent's panic set in, realising what had just happened. Aether had won. She had lost.

"So strong..." Signora gasped, struggling to even face Aether. "But... how...?"

Aether turned towards the 8th Harbinger, straightening himself. Paimon huffed triumphantly beside him, placing her hands on her hips as if she had done all the work. Aether narrowed his eyes on Signora, making sure she was well and truely defeated and wouldn't suddenly lunge at him. At the sound of heels behind him, Aether swung his head around.

The Raiden Shogun walked almost cat-like towards them, her sword buzzing at her side. Aether immediately positioned himself for combat, bracing his dull sword in front of him. His eyes were fixed on the Archon. He then realised her eyes weren't on him.

The Raiden Shogun strode past the Traveler. He lowered his weapon, his eyes following on her as she could change direction and speed at any moment. She walked towards Signora.