31

Emma knew how Sami had promised her that she had nothing to worry about with his ex. She knew that she loved him. And that they had a child together.

Emma had her doubts. But she had to believe that Sami's promise meant something. That he wouldn't break their family apart.

She knew how Sami had been arranged to marry her. But it didn't work for a reason. And while Emma didn't know what that was, she felt like it was because she was meant to be with Sami.

Sapphire was their little girl. And she loved being her mum. She knew Sami thrived at being a father. It wasn't easy.

Emma knew that she needed to somehow make everything seem as though it was okay. She knew that it was hard.

All she knew was that her head a little messed up. She needed to somehow keep the hope that she wasn't going to lose Sami to his ex.

Morning came all too soon. She saw Sami sitting in bed. Sapphire in his arms. She sat up and smiled. "Morning. Why didn't you wake me?" She asked as she kissed him.

Sami smiled. He kissed her lips. "You looked peaceful. Plus me and Sapphire were having cuddles. I know you're worried. I can see the look on your face. You don't need to be. I love you. And I love the life we've built for ourselves. You and sapphire are all that matter to me. I love you."

"I love you too. And I am worried. But I just... I don't want to lose you. And you were meant to marry her. I mean, you share the same culture. I'm just Emma Roscoe. I'm nothing special," Emma said.

Sami rolled his eyes. He looked to her. "You're everything to me. You gave me my own little family. Something to keep waking up for when I'm at my lowest. And I love you for that. So the next time you say you're just Emma Roscoe, think back to this. And remember that you gave me purpose."

Emma smiled. She kissed him again. "I love you."

"Love you too. Now you take madam. I'm off to make pancakes," Sami told her as he got out of bed.

***
Emma was sitting in the village. Charlee over walked to her. She smiled. "Hey. Where's my favourite girl?" She asked.

Emma smiled. "My mum took her out for the day. I needed to do some thinking."

"Okay what's wrong?"

Emma sighed. "Sami promised me that nothing was going to come between us. But I can't help but feel like his ex is going to. There's something about her. And I'm just not sure I can 100 percent trust it."

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know. I mean... they were engaged. I don't know how long for. But they were happy together."

"You're overthinking now babes. I know you're scared and you're worried. But I do think Sami loves you. He doesn't want anyone but you. You have a baby together. And she's beautiful. I'll have her tonight and you go and talk to Sami," Charlee said.

***
Emma was sitting in the living room. She was waiting for Sami. But he hadn't come back yet.

Emma had no idea how she was about to have her heart completely broken.