18

Emma was sitting in bed when she got a text on her phone. She saw it was from Charley;

I'm at the hospital. My dad attacked Warren. He's in a coma - Charley xx

Emma frowned and climbed out of bed. Sandy looked at as she walked in. "Where are you going?" She asked

"Charley. She asked me to go see her at the hospital. Trevor has done something to Warren," Emma said as she pulled on her jumper.

Sandy sighed. "I'm not too sure I like the idea of you being out and about in your condition."

Emma rolled her eyes. "Mum. I'm pregnant. I'm not disabled," she said as she looked at her.

"Fine."

***
Emma arrived at the hospital. She saw Sami there and frowned. "What are you doing here?" She asked.

"Talking to Misbah. Why are you here? Is everything okay? Is it the baby?"

Emma shook her head. "No. Charley text. I'm here for her. Can you come with me?" She asked.

Sami nodded. He and Warren had become friends lately. Despite how they were opposites. He followed Emma.

***
Emma hugged Charley as she saw her best friend. She sighed. "What have they said?" She asked.

"There's a bleed in his brain where my dad attacked him. They're waiting to see if he wakes up before they can do something."

Emma held her close and smiled. "It'll be okay. He's Warren Fox. He's a fighter. We both know that," she said.

Charley shrugged. "My father cannot get away with this. I won't let him. He's a control freak. He wants me to be his perfect daughter. But that's not going to happen."

***
Emma and Sami went to get some food. Sami handed her a donut. Emma grinned. "It's the baby who wants this by the way. Not me," she said as she kissed him.

Sami laughed and nodded. He sat down opposite her and took a sip of his coffee. He sighed. "Maybe we should get away for a few weeks? Before the baby comes?" He asked.

Emma frowned but she smiled. "Maybe when I've had him or her. I'm pretty sure my mum would love to babysit for a couple days."

Sami sighed and nodded. He kissed her again and looked at her. "I just think it would do us good to get away which just so happens I can get us a beautiful cabin in the woods. Away from everyone."

"Is everything okay?"

"Yeah. I just wanna get away from the village for a little bit. It's driving me insane," Sami said.

***
Emma went back home. She saw Sandy sitting on the sofa. "Is everything okay darling?" She asked as she looked at her daughter.

Emma nodded and smiled. "Yeah. It's all good. I'm just tired. Being pregnant takes it out of me. I can't wait to climb into bed and shut the whole world out," she said.

Sandy looked at her and smiled. She knew that Emma was her only daughter. But it made her all the more protective over her. She knew she was hiding something from her. "You know you can talk to me."

"I know mum."

Sandy smiled and nodded. But with her feeling like Emma was hiding something, could she get her daughter to open up?