twelve

fiona was finally home with sean and liam, and she was fully on board with the whole 'amaya staying at the house to get away from her psycho mother' plan.

"it'll be no trouble having you here, amaya. don't worry." fiona reassured her. "now, i don't think you have had the pleasure of meeting liam yet, say hi liam!"

the little boy standing next to fiona looked up at amaya with his beautiful, big brown eyes. "hi." he smiled.

"hi liam! i'm amaya." she smiled back at him.

"fiona said you are staying here." she nodded. "do you like playing games?" he asked, tilting his head to one side.

"i love games!" she answered enthusiastically.

"okay then. that's good." he walked timidly over to her and hugged her around her legs, he could only reach that high. he was so cute she nearly melted.

fiona chuckled. "he likes you already amaya." she walked over to her. "let's go and put you to bed, huh little man? it's getting late." she picked up liam and put him on her hip, turning back to amaya. "stay as long as you need. you're always welcome here." she patted her shoulder. amaya smiled gratefully at her.

"thank you fiona. seriously. thanks so much." she shook her head. "you shouldn't have to do this for me."

"we want to." debbie interrupted, walking over to her. "now, stop with the depressing conversations and let's go up to my room!"

amaya relaxed on debbie's bed whilst debbie pulled out a box of her old clothes, from before she got pregnant. she was a few weeks away from her due date now, and she said that she was glad amaya was there to get through the final days with her.

"ooo, this shirt is super cute, you should try it on." debbie passed her a grey t-shirt with the nirvana logo plastered across the front. amaya took it and smiled gratefully. "now, let's find you some pyjamas. it's getting late, and i guess we have school tomorrow." debbie shrugged, rifling through the box.

"you could always borrow my clothes, maya." carl grinned standing by the door, although his smirk didn't look like it did a few days ago. this time he looked more understanding than teasing, more compassionate than taunting. she rolled her eyes at him, slightly smiling.

"i think i'll pass, carl." she scoffed. "god knows how many other girls have been wearing them."

he smiled, a genuine smile, happy amaya was back to joking around. "nah, only you maya." he walked over to her, ruffling her hair. she shoved his hand off, grinning.

"how about this?" debbie held up a black hoodie to amaya.

"hey, fucker, isn't that mine?" carl squinted at the hoodie, snatching it from debbie's hands. "oh my god it is. i was looking for this, fuckwad." she scoffed at him.

"jesus, fine, take it back." she looked back down to the box. he sighed.

"well, if it's for maya thennn..." he smirked, throwing the hoodie at amaya's head. she pulled it off, rolling her eyes at him and looking back to debbie, who shrugged hopelessly.

"well, i don't have anything else in here. you may have to deal with carl's hooker hoodies." she grimaced. "sorry babe."

"oh fuck's sake." anaya glared at carl who was (surprise surprise) smirking at her again.

"whoops, guess it's your only option, babe." he said, mocking debbie.

"oh shut up carl." debbie scoffed at him. she turned back to amaya. "it's clean, don't worry." she assured her.

"it's fine, i'll survive for tonight. but we are going shopping after school tomorrow debs." debbie nodded in agreement. carl still stood at the door.

"hey, fucker, leave please. i need to get dressed." amaya walked up to the door, ready to close it.