The Runaway - Michael Clifford

I kiss you on your neck
You were staring at the ceiling
I should've known right then and there you were a runaway

"Are you alright?" Michael asks, pulling away from kissing Y/N's neck.

They were laying down in Michael's bed. Michael was kissing Y/N's neck and she was just staring up at the ceiling the entire time.

"I'm fine." She says.

Michael didn't believe her. She had been acting strange lately. He could feel her pulling away more and more. He didn't want to lose her but he didn't know how to keep her.

He kept trying to do romantic things for her and a bunch of nice things but she just always seemed bored. He had no idea what to do.

He sighs and lays down next to her. She keeps staring at the ceiling and he joins in. "I'm sorry."

"You didn't do anything." She sighs. "I'm gonna go."

"Why?" He asks. "Please don't leave."

"It's for the best Michael." She says.

"Why?" He asks.

"We aren't going to work out Michael. I'm sorry." She says, putting her shoes on and grabbing her things.

"But I love you." He frowns as he sits up on his bed. "Tell me what I'm doing wrong. I can fix it."

Michael knew no matter what he said right now, she was going to end up leaving. God forbid he didn't try, that would probably cause her to be mad. He never knew what to say or do. He just knew he didn't want to lose her.

She ignores him and walks right out of his room then out of his house. He lays back on his bed with a big sigh. Looks like he was single again.

He didn't mind being single but he loved having girls to spoil. He didn't need a girlfriend but loved having one.

At first things with Y/N were great. He honestly thought he was going to marry her. She changed half way through the relationship though and now he's lost her again.

He didn't want to try dating apps. He was a huge celebrity, that wouldn't work out well. He had no clue what to do. He didn't know if he was the one that kept fucking up this relationship or if she was just not in love with him back or possibly found someone better or cheated.

He looks at his phone as it rings. It was his best friend Ashton.

"Hey man." He says when he answers.

"Hey, what's up?" Ashton asks.

"Not much. Actually just got dumped." He says.

"That sucks man. What happened?" He asks.

"Honestly, I have no idea." He chuckles.

"You don't seem that upset." He points out.

"I'm just... confused. It hasn't really hit me yet." He says.

"Well I guess this is a good time to ask if you wanted to go out drinking with the guys and I tonight." He asks.

"Sure." He says.

"Good, hurry up and get dressed. I'm outside." He says.

He throws his shoes on and grabs his wallet before walking to the door and locking it. "On my way now."

"See you in a second." He says, hanging up.

He puts his phone in his pocket and makes sure the door is locked before walking to his car.

-

A few hours later Michael found himself in the same position. A girl on his bed that he was hovering over, kissing her neck.

He was very drunk and didn't care about anything else at the moment besides getting laid. You can say it's a rebound hook up or just a one night stand, which it was but he was just happy this girl was on board to have sex with him and wasn't going to run away.

"Oh Michael." The girl underneath him moaned.

He left marks as she started rubbing his bulge through his pants with her hand.

He honestly couldn't remember her name. Maybe it's like Shannon? Or Victoria? Whatever it was he just simply didn't care.

He usually was never like this. He wasn't a hook up type of person. He loved having girlfriends. He was ready for more than that right now and so was whatever her name was so of course he was going to jump on the opportunity to do so.

He pulls away from her neck and pulls her shirt off over her head. He goes back to kissing her neck as she unbuttons and unzips his pants. She slides out of his grip and scoots down the bed and starts giving him head.

He moans and lets her do all the work for a few minutes before holding her head still and thrusting inside her mouth before holding her head close to him and cumming down her throat. Once he's done and she's swallowed it, he puts a condom on and goes inside of her.

He pounds her hard as he hears his bedroom door open.

"Hey Michael, can we- oh my god." He hears Y/N say behind him.

"Oh fuck." He says, pulling out of the woman and turning around to face her. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to apologize..." she says, staring at the floor. "Obviously you're busy though even though we have been broken up for about four hours now."

"We can go talk." He says, pulling the condom off and putting sweatpants on.

"No thanks, I think we're for real over now." She says, walking out of his room.

"Wait Y/N!" He says, walking after her.

"Um hello? What about me?" The girl on the bed asks.

He grabs a dildo out of the draw in a chest near his door and tosses it on the bed. "Finish yourself off." He says.

He catches up to Y/N as he reaches the front door and lightly grabs her wrist.

"Leave me alone Michael." She says, pulling her wrist out of his grip.

"Are you seriously mad at me right now?" He asks.

"How can I not be?" She asks, turning to face him. "Do you realize what I just saw? You balls deep into some random woman."

"You're the one who up and left me this earlier. You can't be mad at me for trying to move on." He says.

"I wouldn't be if it was a couple months later! Not a couple of hours later!" She yells.

"I'm sorry okay? I miss you and I didn't think you would fucking leave me. I thought you would tell me what's been wrong lately and I could fix it." He explains.

"You can't fix it." She says, turning and facing the door again. "I'm sorry Michael. I shouldn't have come. We're over."

And just like that, she was out the door, running away again.

———
A/N-

I got inspired to write a one shot based on the line from Bad Omens and this is how it came out. I know it sucks but I wanted to not make it completely like the song.

Thanks for reading!