Thought I was pretty

THIS REQUEST IS FOR Melbel0495
I KINDA FORMED IT INTO MY OWN THING BUT IT STILL WENT OFF OF THE PLOT U GAVE ME
ILYYYY AND TY FOR SUPPORTING THIS BOOK ❤️

Melanie had just published 'The Bakery' music video a few weeks ago. She loved it. She felt so good in the outfit she had wore and was so proud of all the animation and time put into it. But one day...one day...Melanie was at the studio. Just working on some new dances for one of her new songs. But when she was on her lunch break, she decided to check the comments on the music video. Just to see what people thought! It was innocent, right? Nothing could go wrong.

That was what she thought.

But when she was scrolling through the comments, she saw a lot of-
Unpleasant things, to say the least.

'Cover up that body, wh*re.'
'Who the hell do you think you are? What a sl*t.'
'I feel bad for the camera man.'
'Grow the hell up.'
''No one wants to see your goddamn tits.'
'Your body isn't fit for that outfit.'

Melanie's face went from a small smile to a big frown in a matter of seconds. She let out a small cry and got up from her chair, grabbing her stuff, and darted out of the studio.

Once she reached her car she swung the door open and sat down in the driver's seat, grasping the steering wheel in her sweaty palms.
"I can't believe it." She murmured breathlessly, tears bubbling in her eyes.
And then she drove home.

Once she walked in the door and saw you she cursed under her breath and tried to wipe her tears away. But it was no use. You turned around and saw her face that definitely said a lot before she could even blink away the small, desperate glint in her eye.
"Mel, baby? Is everything okay?.." You asked, worry filling your tone to the tippy top.
Melanie didn't answer. She just ran into the bedroom instead.

"Hey- Mel!"
She slammed the door behind herself and fell to the floor with a loud thud.

You ran after her and swung open the door before squatting down beside her.
"Melly..is everything okay?...You look like you've been crying, hun. C'mere."
You wrapped your arms around the girl and pulled her close, burying her head in your chest.
"I-I...I just-.." She trailed off and looked down at her hands, beginning to fiddle with her fingers.
"Baby..cmon. You can tell me what's going on. I'm going to listen and help you. I know I am."
You leaned in and gave her a gentle kiss on her lips, moving her pretty half blonde and half black hair out of her face.
"But it's-"
"Ah-ah. No buts. Just tell me. You know I won't make fun of you, that's sh*tty."

Melanie sighed.

"I've been getting a lot of- hate on my music video." Melanie said, burying her face further into your chest out of embarrassment.
"Which music video? The one you just published? The Bakery?.." You questioned, moving your face closer to her and nuzzling your nose against hers.
"Uhm- yeah."
Your breath hitched and you placed a hand on her knee, squeezing it and then beginning to rub it in an effort to help her calm down.
"What have people been saying, my love?"
Melanie paused at that.
"Please tell me, bun. I have to know." You said in a comforting tone.
Melanie's eyes watered again and you gasped, squeezing her tighter and lifting her up into your arms as you began to stand up.
"Hey, hey...shhh..it's okay, shh..breathe."

You sat down on your guy's bed and grabbed Melanie's favorite blanket, which was covered in pink and white checkerboard and little teddy bears (haha reference. You get a smooch if u can guess which song.
Jk.
SORRY IK THIS ISNT RLLY A GOOD TIME FOR THIS BUT THIS IS SAD IM TRYNA BRIGHTEN THE MOOD A BIT 😭).
After you unfolded the blanket you wrapped it around her and your heart broke as you saw Melanie hide her face in it.
"It's okay, baby. You can tell me..."

Melanie looked up at you. That same desperate look she had in her eyes when she walked in the door was still there.

"People were c-calling me a sl*t...a-and a wh*re. They were saying they felt bad for the camera man and th-that my body wasn't fit enough to wear the outfit I had wore."
You gasped again and anger washed over your face. You weren't angry at Mel, of course. But you were angry at the people who made Mel feel the way she did.
"Baby...those little excuses of human beings. You stay right here."

You did what any good girlfriend would do and went on YouTube, into the comment section of Mel's video, and reported all the comments. Along with leaving the most soul-crushing and groundbreaking reply anyone could ever do on every single hateful comment. And with the positive, happy, good comments? You favorited all of those and read them out loud to Mel, which went a little bit like this..

"Mel, baby. I've got something to show you." You said in a sweet tone as you sat down next to Melanie who was holding the blue stuffed animal dragon you had gotten her at the dollar store for Valentine's day quite tightly.
Melanie rolled over and unraveled herself from her blanket, sitting up.
"Mm?"
You smiled and lifted Mel up, placing her in your lap and giving her a kiss on her cheek.
"Look."
You scrolled down the comments section and pointed to one of the comments with the cursor.
"This person thinks you look beautiful, hun."
Melanie looked at where the cursor was pointing and her eyes widened.
"Oh." Mel said, smiling a small bit.
You scrolled down a bit and pointed to another comment.
"And this person thinks so too."

Mel looked up at you, her head tilted to the side.
You smiled down at her, pecking her lips.
"Yeah, baby. You're the most gorgeous girl in the world and no matter what anyone says that will never change. Because really honey, the thing that makes you the most beautiful is your personality."
She giggled, wrapping her arms around you.
"Thanks, baby."

"You're welcome, bug."

OMG GUYS I FINALLY FINISHED IT-
I DID IT
I DID IT I DID IT I DID IT
Melbel0495 YIPPEE! I HOPE U LIKE IT!