Chapter 32

Charles' POV:

"Are you joking?" I ask her "no I'm not" she says and I'm in the edge of crying "let's go then" I say, trying to contain myself from crying. I drive there with Marlene and Daniele and the others go with Samuele's car. I had to drive Daniele there, even though I didn't want to, it's not time to fight for who is going to go in whose car.

We are running down the hallways of the hospital, looking for her room, we see her parents sitting on a bench in the corridor and we speed walk towards them, they're crying, Marlene and Samuele run up to them to hug them and we walk close behind them, Adelaide hugs them too and I'm not sure if I should hug them right now, but I truly need someone to support me.

Once Adelaide is out off their arms, they look at me "come here" they say lowly and I hug them both immediately and sob on their shoulders, "how is she?" I ask them once I get off their arms "her heart rate and breathing is stable, she's doing good" her mum says and I sigh in relief "is she awake?" Daniele asks "not yet but the doctors expect her to wake up by tomorrow" her dad says "can we see her?" I ask them "once the doctor is finished we can see her" her mum says and I nod "take a seat" her mum says to us, Marlene, Sienna and Adelaide sit down but there isn't enough space for all of us.

I lean against the wall between Samuele and Daniele, in silence. I hear a sigh from Daniele and I look up at him "what a nice way to start my birthday" he says and I give him a death stare "and the party ended at 5, this is so not how I wanted to celebrate my birthday" he says "and you think that's what she wanted to do? Crash?" I say a bit upset "obviously not mate, I'm not saying that" Daniele says and I scoff "that's exactly what you're saying mate" I say "oh my god mate, you're crazy" he says and I scoff "oh I'm so sorry for wanting you to shut up, she's injured and you're talking about your birthday party getting ruined, are you okay dude?" I tell him "okay bro, we got it, you're crazy about her, stop fucking everything up and making her upset cause you're the reason she crashed!" he says and that killed me inside.

"I am the reason she crashed? She was drunk, you were the one with your stupid drinking games making her take thousands of shots!" I say "I'm not responsible for her getting drunk" he says and I scoff "she wasn't going to drink if it weren't for your stupid games!" I say "you act so innocent like you didn't act so toxic towards her" he says "boys stop" her mum says and the doctor gets out of the room.

"Only family members can see her" the doctor says "what?" Adie and I say at the same time "and please write what's your relation to her" he says "so we can't see her?" I ask him furious "who are you?" He asks "her boyfriend" I say "then you can see her but not anyone else, for now at least, all the rest please leave, friends can only see her between 8:30am-8:30pm" he says and I sigh in relief, Adie groans and we start walking towards her room.

She's wearing an oxygen mask and a neck brace while her under eyes are swollen, she's intubated with serum, we walk towards her, her mother is crying, so is her sister and so am I, we walk next to her, her mother touching her hand, rubbing it softly. Tears are running down our eyes, while we are looking at her, "Charles you can go rest if you want" her mum tells me "no I'd like to stay here if you don't mind me" I say "Charles it's okay, I know you're tired, you can go and come back tomorrow, when she's awake" she continues "even if I'm tired I won't be able to sleep anyways" I say and she smiles at me "okay whatever you want" she says smiling and I smile back.

I sit on a chair next to her, holding her hand. I fell asleep on the chair, leaning against her bed but not for long, I woke up at 8 and I texted Arthur to bring me some stuff I needed, I didn't want to leave her side, all the rest had left except her mother and sister, that are now gone, they went to the hotel to get some stuff for her before she wakes up.