Chapter 35

Y/n's pov

"Brian, have you seen Slender?" I could see his eyes shift from under his mask to look at me.

"Don't call me Brian. And no, I do not know where he is."

I sighed and looked around. "Okay. Thanks, Hoodie."

"You're very welcome. Try asking Toby. He's always with Slender if you aren't."

"How am I supposed to find him if I can't find Slender himself?"

He just shrugged and shooed me off. I rolled my eyes and took a few more laps around the mansion looking for this entity.

Our relationship has been... crumbling, I guess. I finally built up the courage to talk to him about it but of course, I can't find him.

I've been staying at the mansion more and the longer I'm here, the more I realize how draining this place is. I take a walk every once in a while(everyday)but it doesn't help, at all. Every time I try to go to my actual home, I find myself walking back to the mansion.

Maybe he's out hunting or something. With Toby, it's probably animals. I couldn't find him in the mansion so he must be with Slender.

Now I'm wandering around in the forest, looking for a 7 foot monster and a boy with glowing orange goggles. I thought I would be able to find them fast but I was beyond wrong.

No matter how many times I drag my shoes in the dirt, I will never remember the layout of the forest. It's kinda like a labyrinth. You turn a corner, you can't go back that way. This is how I end up traveling a little too far.

This time, I stumbled upon what seemed to be an abandoned cabin. From afar at least. The closer I got, the better it looked. As I got to the door, I could see it was left ajar.

The inside seemed bland. No furniture, no nothing. Except dust.

For the next 20 minutes, I explored. Opening all the cabinets and drawers I could, messing with things I shouldn't have.

I was messing with a trinket I had found in a dresser when stiff hands landed on my shoulders. I screamed. It was my first instinct before I turned around to those familiar geeky goggles.

"Oh my god, you scared me..." He took his hands off me and I rubbed my shoulder as if he hurt me in any way.

"What're you doing here? You should be at the mansion." His voice seemed to be deeper, less timid. Very serious and sturn actually. It spooked me a little.

"I would be at the mansion if Slender was there. I came looking for you guys."

"... You can't be here."

"Why not?"

"Leave now." He grabbed my shoulders to guide me towards the door but I pushed him off and glared. It wasn't for him to be pushy but even then I didn't appreciate how aggressive he was.

"Then why are you here?" Right after I said that, the most atrocious roar rained throughout the forest and nearly shook the ground. "That's why. So people like you don't get attacked by that."

"What do you care about people like me? You quite literally kill them for shits and giggles."

"You don't understand... Let's just go home, okay?"

"My home or the mansion because I don't consider that place "home." I want to go to my home. Not the mansion."

He squinted his eyes at me for a split second before looking around.

"I don't know where you live."

"That is the biggest lie I have ever witnessed in real time."

He sighed and brought me into a random bedroom, closing the door behind him. Unlike the rest of the house, this room was decent. Sanitary at most.