Part 3

The North Atlantic Ocean

En route to New York City

April 12 1912

11:00

Pov Lynelle Ann:

The pencil scratches away at the paper, scribbling out paragraphs and paragraphs of failed attempts. Lynelle, writes again, she scratches it away. She takes a sip of the herbal tea, a bite of her oatmeal porridge, then started writing again. None of these ideas are good enough. She needed something new, something fresh. When it comes to writing books, what happens when all the stories have been written or all the tropes and cliches have gone out of style? Is there such a thing as true originality or are all writers doomed to keep repeating the same stories over and over again with slightly different endings?

Lynelle looked around, at the dining saloon. The most popular and busy saloon on the Titanic, at this hour filled to the brim with hungry passengers. She looked at peoples faces, their clothes, and things they carried. White gloves that reached up the elbow were a trend, suits and tailcoats as well. Everyone wore a suit and white gloves, everyone looked the same, and they were ok with that.

Oh how could Lynelle find inspiration for her literature when people on the ship looked just like the people on the streets.

Lynelle breathed deep. She stopped writing and closed her leather notebook, resting it on the table in front of her dirty dishes. She pulled her brown hair from the low bun and massaged her scalp in irritation.

Maybe boarding this ship was a mistake. It was all for nothing. No new ideas in her mind. Her brain a vacant slate.

"Oh how the money has been wasted" she sighed. "I'll have to depart the ship in Queenstown before we embark to New York this evening."

It happens to be that Lynelle boarded the titanic for the very reason she would depart it, finding new influence for her novel. Hoping to find the unique stories that lie in the sunsets on the horizon and in the deep blue seas of the Atlantic. Inspiration would strike with new experiences. But it was all for not, Lynelle had been on the ship 2 days now and still felt nothing, her brain as empty as her notebook.

Finishing her meal, she wiped her mouth with a cloth. So lost in her thoughts she was unaware of the young girl who sat at the opposite end of her table, the only other seat available in the restaurant of circular tables. Lynelle recognized the girl, Ymir. Daughter of the railroad tycoon Boram Olsen, who boarded the Titanic yesterday. Being an author, as she was. Lynelle was at the same dinner party as the Olsen family the night before.

Lynelle stood up to leave, but the girl stole her attention again with something strange. Strange hand movements and mouthing words aimed at a young gentleman across the room.

Lynelle also recognized the young gentleman, she recognized his white silk tunic, with a snug collar that buttons down the left side. He was the younger brother of the Vietnamese boys who boarded the ship. The boy who caused Borams outrage at the dinner party yesterday. Lynelle remembered hearing Boram shout and left the venue early.

The two were communicating from across the room. Ymir waved. The boy waved back. Ymir pointed at the oatmeal, and gave a thumbs up. Indicating the food was good. The boy gave a thumbs up back to her.

"How peculiar." thought Lynelle. "That a young and wealthy European girl would associate with a mysterious foreigner."

It was so, the foreigners were mysterious. Everyone acknowledged the two vietnamese boys, but they who kept to themselves caused no upbringing on the ship. Noone knew why they were up-board the Titanic, but nevertheless they bought a ticket legally and minded their own business.