Part 10

April 15 1912

Chapter 10

11:00

Drifting in the atlantic

Pov Nhan

. . .

Nhan woke up to the sound of a piercing screech. A whistle.

"Any survivors, make yourselves known!" yelled a man.

Nhans vision was blurry. The sunshine beamed down on him blocking his view. He rubbed the sleep from his eyes to see clearer. A search and rescue team, just like he predicted, came sailing towards the mattress.

Nhan tried to shout, to get their attention but he found his voice was shot dry. He figured his vocal cords had frozen and they still needed time to thaw. So he splashed the water.

A man with binoculars turned. He pointed. Nhan felt relieved. They noticed him.

"Ymir." Nhan tried to wake her up. "Were saved!" he shook her shoulders. But she wouldn't budge.

"Ymir..why are you so still?"

Her body rolled from her side to her back, that's when Nhan saw her face. Pale, like snow. And the mattress fabrics underneath her were soaked in a deep crimson red.

"Ymir..?"

The lifeboat floated towards him. The man with binoculars stretched out his hand. Nhan saw a badge, "Lieutenant Thomas Green." it said.

"Come on young man, let me help you," said the lieutenant. He spoke slowly, as if he was unsure Nhan could understand him.

Nhan turned towards ymir. He shook her once more.

"No dead ones." said Lieutenant. "Not enough room."

"She's not dead." croaked Nhan.

"Oh so you do understand." said the lieutenant in a more cheerful voice this time. "But still, no dead ones."

Nhan repeated once more. "She's not dead."

The lieutenant sighed. "Do those eyes look alive to you.?"

Nhan gently pulled her chin up so he could see her eyes. She held a steady gaze. Her irises were hazy and dull. The whites around her pupils were blue.

"No." Nhan closed Ymir's eyelids. "She's sleeping, see..?"

"You either leave her here, or you don't get on the boat." said the lieutenant.

Nhans hand shook as he reached out. The litenit hoisted him aboard. Nhan turned. Ymir's body laid on the mattress. Drifting alone. Her beautiful face now stained with the ugliness of death. The boat slowly drove away. The mattress got smaller and smaller until he could no longer see it.

. . .

It took weeks for Nhan to grasp the situation. Landing in America, He was given a room, for all the survivors on the Titanic were given a free hotel room for their troubles.

Nhan tried to build a life where he left off. How does one go on living when everyone you love around you has died? Nhan had no clue, and yet it was happening. Every day was a blur, living in the past. Nhan went about his memories reliving the three days with Ymir. With hua. He searched his mind for the happy times, spent hours staring at blank walls reliving those memories. In later years, Nhan's memory faded and yet, those three days stayed present as a happy escape from life.

One day he got a knock at his door. He opened it. A face he never thought he'd see again.

"Quin.." said Nhan, he nervously opened the door. "Please.. Come in."

"Hello." siad Quinn in vietnamese. It took Nhan by surprise, it had been a while since he heard his native language spoken.

A chinese man with round glasses came hobbling into the room. For being Borams business partner, it's strange how they were polar opposites. He wore a western style suit and black shoes to match.

Nhan sat on the bed of his hotel room. "What are you doing here?" he asked

"I've come to give you this." at Nhans feet, Quinn dropped a briefcase.

"What is–" Nhan opened it. There was money. Thousands and thousands of US dollars right in front of him.
Nhan looked up. "But Boram, I didn't kill him."

"But if you hadn't boarded that ship, would he be alive?" asked quinn.

"I'm not sure.."

"If you hadn't boarded the Titanic, that man might have never died. It's the butterfly effect, who knows. If you hadn't boarded that ship, maybe it wouldn't have even sunk. Maybe you sank the ship. Genius. I have no idea how you did it, young man. But Boram is dead. And I must pay you my debt." and with that. Quinn left the room. Nhan never saw him again.

. . .

One of humanity's most known tragedies, the sinking of the great titanic; is also the inspiration for some of the most beloved love stories.

The Titanic was a ship of many backgrounds, people from all over the world wished to travel the biggest ship in history. Hundreds of people aboard, thousands of stories to tell.

The ship now lays dead at the bottom of the Atlantic ocean, 370 miles off the coast of Canada. However, its memories live on long after the ship has passed.

. . . 

The End.

. . . 

thank you for reading! this book has been a work in progress sence last march and i am happy to say it is still not done lol. this was just the first rough draft. however i am in college and its hard to find time to write. feel free to leave any tips or suggestions ;)

thank you again for reading my work it really does mean the world.