Chapter 25: Scheming Daughter

Weekend came and just as Jennie expected, her mother was too busy at work, so Hye Kyo wasn't able to accompany her to visit the pharmacy and meet Han Zijun. Lisa had offered to accompany her in Hye Kyo's stead, which the old woman appreciated.

"Sorry, Jennie. I can't go with you today. I need to drop by the office and see how everything is going at the company." Hye Kyo apologized to her daughter.

"It's okay, Mama. Lisa will accompany me today anyway. I bet he's getting bored waiting for his grandfather to come back." Jennie kissed her mother goodbye before joining Lisa in the backseat of his car and saw Nine sitting in the driver's seat.

Nine. Of course, Jennie was who he was. Nine was one of the two exclusive assistants Lisa had with him. In the past, Nine was the one who executed the dirty works for Lisa, while Somi was the person in charge of Lisa's business affairs.

As the car drove away from the Lee Residence, Lisa took this chance to ask Jennie.

"Jen… last night… how did you know that Chen Li would steal your dress?" He asked carefully. He had to admit that he found it suspicious that Jennie knew beforehand that Chen Li was going to steal that dress and made preparations to deceive the girl.

"Ah, about that. I know for some time now that she has been stealing some of my things and clothes that I don't wear or use. However, the other day, just after her mother was heavily reprimanded by Mama, I saw Chen Li sneaked into the third level closet again and saw her holding the dress in her arms. I had my suspicions, but I didn't think she would actually come last night to steal it."

Jennie knew she had no choice but to lie to him, and although he was giving her a suspicious look right now, she knew that Lisa wouldn't push his luck and force her to make a confession.

So how did she know? It was merely an assumption on her part based on Chen Li's attitude and personality. In her past life, that same little black dress was Chen Li's prized possession. She used to brag a lot about it, as there could only be ten of the same dresses that had been sold to the public by the designer herself.

So how could Chen Li be willing to part with that dress in this lifetime? Given her selfish and arrogant personality, Jennie had suspected that she would steal it from her before her family got kicked out. Since she had stolen a lot from Jennie in the past, it wouldn't hurt to add another one, right?

"Is that so? Then she's really bold to add another offense this time." Lisa commented. He had heard about the incident where Jennie had caught Chen Li wearing one of the clothes her mother gifted to her from Aunty Liu and found that the young woman was really bold and stupid not to realize that she was only courting death by offending Jennie like this.

Since their younger days, Jennie had been notorious for seeking revenge and getting even with those who offend her or hurt Rosé, regardless if they were older than her or not. She would always make sure that they would come home with a bloodied, swollen face, which earned her the title of Young Witch of Southern Qiying.

"What can I say? It's because her mother didn't make any effort to correct her ways at all."

"I am actually feeling bad for Aunty Kyo for not knowing how scheming her daughter can be behind her back." Lisa sighed, shaking his head in feigned disappointment.

Jennie's lips curled up, taking no offense from his words.

"My mother doesn't need to know what could hurt her."

Hye Kyo didn't need to be aware of how vicious her daughter could be, but it couldn't be said to the woman who had given birth to her. In her past life, even that woman had become an obstacle in Jennie's life, assisting Krystal to make her life a living hell.