Chapter 27: Life Is Like A Game Of Chess

Jennie could only endure those insults, as she was the one who made that mistake anyway. She shouldn't have focused more on her training to become an actress and neglect her studies in her past life. She had always been compared to Krystal, who not only diligently finished her studies but was able to complete her degree with flying colors.

So how could Jennie make the same mistakes again? In this lifetime, she would ensure that those naysayers would not be able to say anything by proving to them that she wouldn't allow herself to be Krystal's backdrop again.

Rosé looked at Lisa and shrugged. At least this little tyrant knew how to be useful and helpful for Jennie. He must have a goddamn level of patience to tutor Jennie.

"Well, I thought that you hadn't done it yet and needed my help again." She responded.

"Don't worry, Rosé. I will rely on your help next time. I can't possibly run to see Lisa every time I'm having trouble understanding our lessons." Jennie smiled at her friend.

How could she be compared to these two? Lisa was hailed as a genius, a prodigy at his young age. In the future, he would become a mogul who dominated the business world. Meanwhile, Rosé would pursue her studies and would become a nurse in the future.

Rosé initially wanted to become a doctor, but her current financial circumstances wouldn't allow her to do so, so she could only take a pre-med course and decided to work again to save up to study medicine.

Jennie knew all of these, this was why she wasn't worried too much about Lisa. As for Rosé, she supposed she needed to help her friend to find a better job that pays really well. She was aware that Rosé would vehemently refuse her, had she offered to pay for her tuition fee in her stead.

If there was something Jennie had learned from her best friend, that would be there was nothing more insulting to someone than offering unwanted charity. Perhaps this was why she and Rosé got along really well.

However, just thinking of the possibility that doing so would stop her best friend from meeting the love of her life, Jisoo Kim, Jennie wouldn't take any risks.

Jisoo was the young master of the Kim family, who owned one of the largest and renowned companies in Shenjing. In Jennie's past life, this man was able to surpass his old man and proved to everyone that he didn't need to rely on his mother's family to save his father's dwindling company.

Rosé met Jisoo through his ailing father when she chose to work as a private nurse. She and the old man built a friendship and companionship over the years until his inevitable passing. Jisoo, despite not being on good terms with his father, grieved over his death, and it was Rosé who stayed with him until he was able to get back on his feet and resume his life.

The two had fallen madly in love with each other and were looking forward to spending their lives together. However, that never happened because Rosé had lost her life even before Jisoo could propose marriage to her.

The man who shed tears uncontrollably at Rosé's funeral, how can Jennie forget about him? Just like Lisa, Jisoo spent the rest of his life as a monk and refused to be tied down with another woman after Rosé's passing.

After he was certain that his father's company was stable, Jisoo then passed the management to his younger half-brother, Mingyu Kim and chose to spend the rest of his days living in the countryside.

Jennie had always either questioned or doubted Rosé's taste when it comes to men when they were younger, but upon witnessing such a heartbreaking scene by Jisoo, Jennie knew that her best friend had finally met a man who would love her regardless of who she was and what she was.