Chapter 71: The White Lily

Once the song ended, Lisa begrudgingly released Jennie's hand from his grasp. He had loved Jennie for so many years, it literally transcended lifetimes. Holding and being with her like this felt like a dream he never dared to wish.

The truth was, the person he was talking to when Jennie found him wasn't from the company. It was another phone call he had received that night. He had left the investigations on Krystal to Nine a few weeks ago, and it was only now that the man was able to gather important details about her.

Other people might not be able to understand Krystal's previous actions, but Lisa was able to come to a conclusion and predict possible course of actions that the young woman would take.

Oddly, after suffering from a high fever at the young age of five, Krystal started to show intelligence beyond her age. She was considered as a young prodigy and was able to manipulate her own mother to seek Dong Wook.

After rekindling their relationship, Krystal's life went smoothly and she hadn't experienced any bitterness since then. Nine also found out that Krystal had hired a private detective to check on Jennie and those related to her. As to how much the young woman was able to discover, it wasn't certain.

For some, people might think that she got lucky, but for a person like Lisa, this only proved that Krystal had been reborned like him and Jennie, albeit, not having the memories of her previous life.

If that was the case, then Jennie had a huge advantage against Krystal.

Meanwhile, Krystal's mind was in turmoil as she tried to think of several ways to overshadow Jennie tonight. She frowned and almost failed to maintain that perfect smile on her face.

If one was to look at her, aside from the white princess dress that looked half-done, Krystal was still a sight to behold. Her face alone had already cemented her as a stunning beauty in others' eyes. Her beautiful eyes were clear and deep as if one could lose himself staring at her.

Once the song was over, the other attendees conversed lowly about Lisa and Jennie and how the latter could easily snatch the title 'Fairy of the Night' that night. Krystal had a hard time keeping her gentle smile on her face the more she listened to them.

What was so good about Jennie? She was just lucky that her father and Hye Kyo had adopted her! The things Jennie was enjoying right now should be hers! How could this lowly orphan think that she was better than her?

She had no doubt that Jennie had put her in the bad light earlier to steal her chance of being crowned as the 'Fairy of the Night'. Too bad Krystal had no idea that Jennie didn't care about that title and had only come here to annoy her for entertainment.

Krystal was slightly startled when Jennie looked her way. When she caught a glimpse of Jennie's face, she couldn't help feeling shocked. Jennie's eyes were coldly indifferent, as if she knew what Krystal was thinking about at that very moment.

ugh there was no visible emotion on Jennie's face, she gave off an aura of utter chilliness that made Krystal shudder with fear.

How could it be possible? Krystal thought. There was no way this was the same arrogant and haughty Young Miss Lee that was described in the report!

This Jennie was far from the rumors. Krystal wasn't sure if the detective had duped her years ago, or if Jennie really changed in these three years.

Generally speaking, when thinking about young misses from wealthy families, Krystal would assume they were all gaudy and vulgar and not as refined and elegant as her. However, as she looked at Jennie now, she had to admit that her beauty paled in comparison with the rumors about her.