Chapter 54: Song Hye Kyo's Daughter

"So that's how it is." Jung Jae furrowed his brows in understanding.

He hadn't heard from his sister for a long time as Hye Kyo had not responded to his messages before and wondered why she was keeping her distance even from him. Jun Jae also hated Dong Wook the moment he met the man, but he hadn't thought that his family would face such a hurdle because of that scheming man.

"Mama is trying to end things between them amicably, but I don't think Dong Wook would easily agree to the divorce since all our properties are under Mama's name. He's now contesting that he had also put in a fair share of effort in acquiring those properties." Jennie continued to explain her mother's predicament.

The Song brothers could see that she was only concerned about their sister and wasn't even recognizing Dong Wook as her father. One could clearly see the hatred in her eyes towards the man she was speaking of.

"Jennie, you have to be clear with what kind of help you want from our family." Seung Won told the young woman.

"I suspect that aside from cheating behind my mother, Dong Wook must be doing other things behind her back. He frequently went on business trips for the past three years and was always away for at least a week or two. Although he was claiming it was related to work, Mama always argued with him about these prolonged trips."

"Do you think he's seeing another woman aside from the mistress that came to see Hye Kyo recently?" Byung Hun asked.

Jennie shrugged and indifferently glanced at the other men in the room, gauging their reactions. She wouldn't be surprised if Dong Wook was seeing another woman aside from Ji Ah, however, that didn't concern her one bit. It wouldn't be her mother's problem anymore.

"Just the other day, a man came to our house while my mother was away, claiming that Dong Wook owed him a lot of money and came to Qiying City to collect his debt. I fear that the man doesn't come from a clean background and would come after my mother."

Jennie wasn't lying anyway. Aunty Liu had panicked when the man appeared, threatening to make a scene if Dong Wook didn't show up to meet him. Jennie had to face him and she gave the man the address where her adoptive father was living with Ji Ah and Krystal. She could only hope that the family of three would love the surprise she prepared for them.

It now made sense to the Song family why Jennie didn't resist meeting them this time. Even Seung Hyun furrowed his brow and was in deep thoughts, wondering how they could help his paternal aunt.

If it was merely regarding Dong Wook's cheating affair, the Song family wouldn't bother to waste their time to help their kin, however, now that Jennie had raised the possibility of a threat on Hye Kyo's life, they obviously wouldn't be able to ignore it.

"Obviously, Dong Wook loves that pair of mother and daughter. He doesn't even hold me nor my mother in his eyes. If something happens to my mother while their divorce isn't settled yet, he would get his hands on my Mama's properties and wealth." She continued.

Jennie didn't need to elaborate what she meant by those words, as they immediately understood what she was trying to imply.

"This man that went to see Dong. Wook... were you able to get his name?" General Song asked in all seriousness.

"En, but I doubt if it is even his actual name. I can ask our housekeeper to give you a copy of the CCTV recording if you want, but I don't know if it could help at all." Jennie smiled faintly.

"It would be more than enough for us, Jennie. Even better if the CCTV recording is able to show his face clearly for recognition." Byung Hun replied, pushing up the bridge of his spectacles on his face.