Home Alone

Anna's P.O.V

I got home early that day as I would usually hang out with Jess and Harry but Jess was busy and Harry is not my friend anymore. I opened the door and saw my mom was on the phone with a family member judging by the way she was talking to the very enthusiastic. I went to put my stuff away in my room before changing into something more comfortable I don't usually wear tight stylish clothes but I do for school better than what I want to wear. I got back downstairs just as my mom finished with her phone call and hung up and turned to see me before smiling as if something had happened or was going to happen.

"So who was that," I asked.

"That was your aunt Liz she was hoping to come and visit next week I told her I was always happy to see my little baby sister," My mother said.

"So is she coming," I asked.

"Yes, she should be arriving on Wednesday," My mother said.

I nodded and headed back upstairs as mom started on dinner I got all of the easy homework out of the way before I lay on my bed and turned my music on. It was a good few minutes before Mom called me down once I got there I smiled at what she had made it was admittedly my favorite fish and chips with my mom's homemade tartar sauce. As I happily dug into my fish while dipping the occasional child into the sauce I got a text from Beth saying we should meet at her place tomorrow after school to get started on our project. I told my mom and she happily agreed I just wish it was like that with my sexuality but knowing her I gave up on that a while ago. After I finished my meal I went back to my room and proceeded to text Beth since I was technically dating her.

Me: My mom isn't mounting my calls and texts and unless your family are monitoring yours you don't have to be so formal when texting your girlfriend😉

Beth: Sorry this whole us dating is still new to me guess it was just force of habit

Me: By the way I was hoping to see that new Disney movie in theaters next week want to go with me

Beth: Are you asking me on a date?

Me: Yes so are you in

Beth: Of course I would love to go what time

Me: Wednesday at 6:00pm

Beth: Cool can't wait 😘

I smiled at her message before I turned my phone off and relaxed until it was lights out and went to bed. The next day I got to school and found Jess by the old gym watching a group of girls play a basketball game and I had a pretty good idea why she was watching. I sat with her and she smiled at me before she told me her top pick for the day was I took a look at the court and nodded in agreement before the bell sounded and we left. I met up with Beth in my second class and she smiled as did I as the lesson was reaching half time Beth passed me a note knowing her I hesitated before opening it. I grind when it was just a simple request to come over to hers after school I sent her a yes back and she smiled as she read it.

"So what are we going to do at your place," I said as I got into her car.

"Well my parents are out of town for my little brothers under 16's Jodo thing so we have the whole house to ourselves," Beth said. 

"Oh yeah for how long," I asked.

"A good few days if my math works out," Beth said.

"Well Jess said something about how she is super into video games but has no one to play with after her permanent break up with Harry I want to help her out but I have never played myself so if you have a console we could start there," I said.

"I could dust off the old 360 see if it still works," Beth said.

"Cool and don't worry if you beat me witch you will get a prize," I said giving her a flirty wink.

"You just signed up for a world of virtual hurt," Beth said with a smile. 

When we got to her [lace it was just like how I remembered nice and big far better than the house I lived in. I also realized that this was the first time I would see Beth's bedroom as the last time I was here I saw her brother's room as he was all I needed to worry about. When I did get to her room I was surprised at the style it was full of band posters and it was completely different from the rest of the house. 

Beth's room:

"You can wait here I think the X-box was in the guest room since was use it as storage mostly," Beth said

"Cool," I said.

I sat on her bed and looked around it was cool her room was full of stuff all over the place but was all organised in a nice clean and tidy way. As I waited for Beth to come back I realised that she was taking a very long time and I was worried

"Okay so looks like we don't have it anymore... anything else you wanna do," Beth said with a sad look on her face.

"Hey don't worry about it I was asking more for Jess's benefit than mine," I said as Beth sat with me on her bed.

"Okay so I noticed that you seem to know everyone at school to some extent," Beth said.

"Yeah I guess in my efforts to fit in and never really finding a place to belong I got to know all kinds of people," I said.

"And how many know that you are a lesbian?" Beth asked.

"None it's our little secret," I said taking her cheek and kissing her sweetly.